Monday, April 02, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

Oh yes, it’s that time again.

FRIDAY: After work, things seemed to get fairly busy for Steve and I. We went to our tanning place (Shut up, I’m pale) and then we had to go to Sam’s and buy drinks. We tend to buy them all at once and then drink them all before we restock, so I’m pretty sure we must look slightly nuts every time we go in there. Slightly thirsty nuts. At any rate, we finished up with the shopping and on the way home I got a horrible stomachache. I don’t know what caused it, but I literally thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. Luckily, it went away just as suddenly as it came. Weird. Anyway, we were supposed to go to dinner with Josh, but he called about the time I thought I was dying, so we cancelled on him. Sorry, Josh! We spent the rest of the evening goofing off.

SATURDAY: I had planned to come into work and catch up on some of the work I had missed while I was n Miami. I have this one rather huge project (not huge in size, but huge because it’s complicated) that has been keeping me busy for several days and I figured that I’d be able to finish that up and then do some of the other things on my list. Unfortunately, I am an idiot. I brought my airbrush and compressor so that I could paint this sign faster with less drying time. I got everything set up except for attaching the airbrush nozzle, which took me a while, and when I opened the case for the nozzle, I realized that the hose wasn’t in there. I just sat there and stared at the thing for a few minutes and felt stupid. So I ended up having to paint the old school way, which took the entire time I was there. I also had to redo some of the vinyl and then remove other parts I had already applied. It sucked. After I got as far as I could go, I went home and got ready to go to dinner at Sazio’s, which is a very wonderful Italian place in Five Points. We rode with Greg and Shannon, and met Josh and Anthony there. We had a great time, but I think we were a little loud. We didn’t mean to be, though. The only dark spot of the day was the service was BAD. I don’t know if the servers were new or what, but even though we were a party of 6, they kept forgetting about our table. That had never happened there before. We spent the rest of the evening with Shannon and Greg at our house talking and playing with the dogs. Butler LOVES Greg.

SUNDAY: Church and lunch with the parents. I embarrassed myself first thing that morning because I was talking to our associate pastor down in the office and accidentally called him “Babe.” I didn’t mean to, but he had started looking around for something and I said “What do you need, babe?” like I do to Steve. We both turned red and I just walked out. Oy vey.

I had also taken my cap and gown over to my parent’s house so that I could have a picture made to put in my graduation announcements. Now, I don’t know if I am completely deluded, or if the camera hates me, but those pictures turned out horribly. I don’t remember looking in the mirror and seeing the person who I saw in those pictures. It was embarrassing! It’s no wonder Steve doesn’t like to take pictures of me…yikes. I think I’ll just stick to pictures of my feet.

I stayed home from church that evening to do some research for one of my papers. I’m beginning to run out of time, so now I’ve got to focus. I have two research papers and one class presentation to prepare for. Yuck. After I got as far as I could go on the research, Steve and I watched an episode of “The Weakest Link” from BBC which had characters from “Dr. Who” on it, and then the first episode of the new season of Dr. Who. David Tennant is so adorable, and Scottish, so his accent makes him twice as cute. : )

No comments: