Monday, April 16, 2007

Just a quick weekend update this time due to the fact that not much happened. Thursday night we had dinner with Josh and Sazio’s (we go there a lot so that he can use up the gift certificates he’s accumulated before that vow of poverty kicks in.) Friday night we had dinner with Anthony at Beauregard’s. That place always makes me feel a bit like Homer Simpson…mmmmmmmm, Beauregard’s. It’s one of my favorite places to eat! Afterwards we went to Books-A-Million to walk around. Very exciting.

Saturday, we didn’t have much planned except for working around the house, but very little got done. My allergies made me sleepy and pitiful and Steve got sick with some kind of stomach virus in the middle of the day. We thought it was just a reaction to taking some medicine without eating anything, at first, but as the day wore on, we realized he must have really been sick. He slept for a while and I made cookies. They are darn fine cookies, too! Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip, if you might indulge me to be specific. I never thought I could enjoy cookies that didn’t have chocolate in them so much!

Sunday was church day, of course. I backed off from going over to my parent’s house so I could stay home with Steve in case he needed anything. I was also scheduled to sing during the night service and I had found a website where I could download accompaniment tracks for .99 cents apiece. I was so glad, because I need some new music, but it’s a pain to go to the Christian Bookstore to find a tape or CD unless you are going out that way, and I wasn’t. Steve had been after me to sing “He Is Alive”, but I could never find it in my range. However, I did find it on this website! Woo-Hoo! Unfortunately, Steve was too sick to go to church that night, so I sang another song and promised to sing that one when he was able to hear me. I reiterate: I am the Best. Wife. Ever. After church I had to run an errand and got dinner for Steve and myself. Unfortunately, he got sick after eating just a little and then went to bed. Me, I hung out with the doggies and watched TV. Butler is doing much better and he says thank you all for your good wishes. He also said he wished you had sent bouquets of Snausages, but that he isn’t mad about it or anything. Bear knows that he wasn’t sick or recovering from surgery, but he wishes you had sent the Snausages, too.

On to the good news front! Sara is home! Not just out of the hospital, but out of Miami and back home–home. Her mom told me that she got in on Saturday. I could have gone and met them at the airport like a nice friend, but I was guessing that other people would be there to greet her AND she was probably exhausted from the flight. I hope to go and visit her soon, but I’m waiting for her to e-mail me and let me know she wants company. AHEM…HINT – HINT! I feel kind of bad because the last letter I sent her before Easter didn’t make it to her. I didn’t get it until Thursday of last week, but apparently I didn’t put enough postage on it. Well, that’s what they said, but I don’t see how. Stupid Postal Rates. : P

I have a new buddy at work.
I call him Mr. Nibbles. He is a little squirrel that has been visiting the balcony outside of my office. He’s a brave little soul, normally, but he has been jumpy today. I have been crumbling graham crackers up and leaving them outside, but he hasn’t been near them today. He came right up to me last Friday when I was standing by the screen door, but he seems a bit skittish if he thinks I’m going to come outside and grab him. I don’t know how, but I think he knows Steve made me taste squirrel once. Trust me, I don’t think I’m going to make eating them a habit. *shudder*

That is all.

No comments: