Monday, October 15, 2007

I think it's official. I'm trying to maim myself.

I spent Thursday, Friday and Saturday night working at the Tunnels of Terror and I hurt myself every night. Wait, let me rephrase that, I was hurt every night, but only once did I do it myself. You already know about the desk blotter beaning me in the head on Thursday, right? Friday night, the same desk blotter hit me in the nose and cheek. I was even sitting far enough away from the hinge to avoid this, but the monster under the table got a little enthusiastic and he threw the hinge up so quickly that it pulled away from the table and hit me in the face! Saturday night I avoided working at that desk all together to save myself the pain of reconstructive surgery and I worked inside one of the walls as a "portrait monster." Basically, we have a hall of portraits that you have to walk down to get to the end section of the haunted house. Two of these pictures are on rails, so when we see someone walk past us, we drop the picture down and scream and grab for them. I realized that even painted up, my face was hopefully not scary enough to do much to frighten people, so I grabbed a mask out of the dressing room. As I was attempting to put it on, I jammed a corner of it into my eye! My open eye! Oh, the pain! After that I gave up and went home. I wish I wasn't going to be working inside of it anymore, because I'm afraid I'll wind up ripping one of my arms off for something.

Zoinks.

No comments: