RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING
1) I am so terribly bored. I'm acting as Marketing "babysitter" for the haunted house tonight and tomorrow night. I'm sure I have some type of function, but I don't exactly know what it's supposed to be. I've been sitting in the PR managers office all evening watching episodes of "Absolutely Fabulous" on YouTube. The bad news is that I'm not getting paid for being here, but the good news is that my boss may let me use the hours I'm here as comp time for filling in gaps when I've had to miss work. Yay!
2) I got a text message today from Sara, telling me she is back in the hospital again. Thankfully there isn't a problem with her new equipment, but she is having a clotting issue. Keep her in your thoughts and prayers. She is at Huntsville Hospital this time, so I can run and see her if she needs me. I dropped by today to give presents, because I love to give presents. Plus, of course, I wanted to make sure she was still kicking. Hopefully the next time I'm there, I won't get lost and not be able to find my car. I mean, I'm all about expanding the building and everything, but they REALLY need "YOU ARE HERE" signs!
3) The other day, a girl I know came over to me and gave me a hug and told me she was sorry to hear that my father had passed away. Well, actually she said "I'm so sorry to hear about your dadohmyGodI haven't shown you my ring yet!" and she proceeded to jam an engagement ring the approximate shape and size of a lighthouse beacon in my face. You know, mozel tov and all, but I wasn't in the mood. If seeing an engagement ring was the joy of my life, certainly I would have wet my pants in her honor, but it seemed to be a little not-the-timish to squeal in my ear.
4) I totally fell asleep at work today. I didn't mean to, but I just kind of fell out. I had to get up and do some yoga to wake myself up a little bit. I don't really like doing sun salutations in my office because my floor is really gross, but sometimes it's necessary to keep myself from sliding to the floor unconcious.
5) I was finally rude to the girl I work with, and it made me feel very bad. On my way back from the hospital, I bought lunch and was planning on eating at my desk. When I came up the stairs, I heard her say "Oh, there's Kelly! I'll go bug her for a while." So I just turned and said "NO! Leave me alone! I want to eat my lunch. Go away!" She still followed me down the hall, but she didn't go into my office. I think she thought I was kidding. SIGH. Still, though, it made me feel bad.
6) I had to do a life insurance interview today over the phone. Steve and I are getting a policy because I think Steve realized that if I croaked, he'd be boned, money wise. I'm afraid that they may have me down as having two medical problems that I DON'T have because I was tested for them at some point in the last couple of years. I mean, come on, I said I didn't have them! Boy, those guys are nosey. Plus, they ask questions that don't make much sense, but I guess they are just doing their jobs. At any rate, I believe I'm insurable with little to no risk of dropping dead from syphillis, overt drug usage, and/or alcohol poisoning. Knock wood. : ) Now that Steve knows how much I'm worth dead, I need to make sure to check my break lines before going anywhere.
7) I just had a cup of coffee and I feel as if I'm going to jitter across the room. Stay away from the Sumatra! It's got crack in it or something!