Friday, June 19, 2009

BLOGGED ALONG THE WAY: SAVANNAH, GEORGIA EDITION

PROLOGUE: This is the story about our trip to Savannah and what we did there! It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. It was also very, very hot, and I believe that I finally, honestly earned the title (given to me by Greg P. in 1997) as the "Showerin'-est Taking Person" in the world. I think it's just Georgia, because I don't feel the need to shower twice a day at home. Also, forgive me for the rambling and for leaving out some details, because it was a long and busy trip, but if I remember anything later on, I'll tell you about it! Enjoy! :)

FRIDAY JUNE 19, 2009 - We almost overslept this morning! I apparently learned to turn off the alarm in my sleep, because Steve and I both woke up about an hour and a half later than we had intended. We had a lot to do today, and I was afraid we had gotten off on the wrong foot. Luckily, we didn't do too bad. The first order of business, of course, was to take the fuzzy ones to the "resort". Although we had a little trouble at first, surprisingly they acted nicer than usual, except for a brief moment where a new dog came into the waiting room and I got super-nosed in the butt. That was no fun at all! Butler was also going to have his teeth cleaned, so we had to meet with one of the surgical interns to sign some paperwork. We didn't tell Butler that he was getting dental work because he still doesn't trust us after the last time that they pulled his tooth! We had a major buzz kill while waiting to be taken back to see the intern. This older lady comes in with a chihuahua wrapped in a towel, and the lady was crying. She had brought the dog in to be put down, but we didn't hear why. Steve and I felt so bad! :(

My phone died last night, and I couldn't find my charging cable anywhere, so in a quick Wal-Mart dash to find a new one (which didn't happen because my phone is so old and outdated that they don't carry that kind anymore) Steve got me a new phone! Shut up, we were desperate. It's a Razor phone, or something like that, and I have no idea how it works or what it sounds like yet. Also, since my old phone was completely dead, I couldn't get into my address book to copy any numbers to the new phone. Steve transferred the old SIM card to the new phone, but none of my numbers transferred over. Luckily I had gotten a text from Kenny the night before and that showed up on my phone, so at least I had HIS number. Of course, his is the most important, right? :) I played around with it for a while while we drove, but I still don't know much about it. I hope I learn before I have an emergency. I don't even know how to actually make it dial out a number, but I'm not going to worry about that yet. I'll figure it out.

Today was the day that we drove across Georgia to get to Savannah! I've been wanting to come here for a long time, but we had never gotten around to it. Now, however, we had a really good reason for the drive because Kenny and Lauren were getting married here! Driving across Georgia takes a long time and we got stuck in a TON of traffic in, you guessed it, Atlanta. I needed to be here at 7:45 pm so that I could eat dinner with the collected friends and family of the bride and groom, and we made it just in time for me to shower, change and get skanky before I had to be there. Steve drove me to The Lady & Sons, because I was too afraid to drive myself at this point, and I ended up being a little bit late and they didn't go in until I got there. I felt so bad! I got to meet a lot of people I've only heard stories about, so that was a lot of fun. The food and the company were both great, but I was beat. I don't know if it was my new allergy medicine or just the toll of the day, but I was a zombie by the time I was done with dinner. Thinking about it now, I'm kind of afraid I came across as rude or something, but I hope I didn't offend anyone, I was mainly just tired. Before I left, though, I caught Kenny for a second and got a chance to carry on the "Best Man" joke that is a tradition in our family. Since Kenny isn't having a Best Man, I got to be the one to offer him the keys to the car for the last minute dash. Of course, he didn't take me up on the offer! Good man! :) I declined joining everyone else at Savannah Smiles, a piano bar close by, and called Steve to come and pick me up. After that we came back and I changed into my jammies, and now I'm writing this post. The wedding is tomorrow, and Steve has all kinds of things planned for us to do while we are here. We've decided to stick around for a few days and make a vacation out of it, so there should be lots more stuff to come!

No comments: