Wednesday, June 17, 2009

WHAT I'VE LEARNED DURING MY SUMMER VACATION... (SO FAR)

1) I am completely incapable of applying self tanner! Since I'm going to go to a destination wedding this weekend, and it's going to be as hot as hell in Savannah, I didn't want to have to wear hose with my dress. My main reason for even wearing the God forsaken things is that my legs are so very, very pale and I will not risk skin cancer by going to a tanning bed! A lady at my church told me about a fake tan spray that is supposed to work really well, so I bought a bottle of it. I thought I was following the directions, but apparently I missed a step, because my legs look like I waded through a vat of Cheetos! It's quite unattractive. However, I am going to suck it up and show off my orange-streaky legs with pride! I just hope I don't clash too badly with the flowers at the wedding! :)

2) If I were a stay-at-home wifey, I'd get bored of it very quickly. I like the sleeping late and being able to do my housework in a leisurely manner, but I need regular interaction with other grown up people.

3) Laundry sucks. It sucks a lot. I may get a small sense of accomplishment when I finish folding a basket of clothes, but it's quickly displaced by the knowledge that everything is just going to get dirty again! It's a never ending cycle! Also, I've realized we don't have enough room to store all of our clothes, especially when all of them are clean at the same time.

4) I make awesome brownies!

5) Even when I don't have to go anywhere afterwords, I won't go to the gym like I will on days when I have to go to work after. Apparently I am just not waking up on time to go first thing, and the longer I'm awake, the less likely I am to go. I'm not happy with that at all, so I'm going to have to work on it! Boo!

2 comments:

amy said...

I empathize about the laundry. Right now our pool table is covered in clean clothes that I haven't put away, and on the few occasions over the years in which I have been caught up (poor Jon wishes he could walk in his walk-in closet), I don't have nearly enough room for everything!

amy said...

Oh, and I still cringe looking at some of my wedding pictures and seeing my white finger marks in the self-tanner on my back.
Did you exfoliate first? That usually helps. However, the best thing to do if you can afford it is to go get an airbrush tan.