Monday, June 08, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I stayed with my brother Friday night while my mom and her husband went out of town for their anniversary. Things went well! I didn't burn anything down or have to call 911 at any time, so I'd say it was a success! :) Since it's a brand new house, and I have only been there a couple of times anyways, I wasn't familiar with anything or know where anything was. I felt like a burglar most of the time because I had to go through drawers and closets to find things. I like to snoop as much as the next person, but when it's not actually snooping, I feel guilty! I found almost everything I needed, though. Poor Tommy, I don't think he trusts me very much. Any time I would try and do something for him, he'd get this look in his eyes like "Oh, Lord, she's touching me again!" Granted, by the time Angie came to stay with him on Saturday, he was probably sick of me. I can't lift him by myself, so getting him in and out of his wheelchair, or into bed was a chore. I managed it, just barely, but if he could talk, he would probably have cussed me a few times! :) In the process of attempting to lift him, I managed to pull several of the muscles in my back and legs, so that was fun. I've been walking around like Quasimodo since I got back! However, he is still alive, so I didn't do too badly, I don't think!

2) I was so sore Sunday morning, that when I got to church, I needed to take something to help with the pulled muscles. All I had in my purse was Excedrin, so I took that and hoped I'd feel better. I had forgotten that because of the caffeine, Excedrin makes me really shaky, and that was bad because I was supposed to sing the special music during the morning service! Ack! I already get really nervous when I sing, and I get doubly nervous when I sing in morning services because I know the choir is sitting behind me and can see me get shaky. It was really bad this time, though, because of the Excedrin, and no matter how much I tried not to shake, it just kept getting worse! At one point, I grabbed on to the pulpit to keep my hand still, and that helped a little, but I looked over at the pulpit microphone and saw it was bouncing up and down. I almost laughed, and I had to let it go. Luckily, though, my voice didn't shake and I hit all of my notes, and people seemed to enjoy the song...so there's that! I love singing, I just wish I didn't get so nervous!

3) I helped to host a baby shower yesterday afternoon, and it turned out really well! The girl having the baby is in my Sunday school class, and she is just the cutest thing. She's a tiny person, and now she has this big belly. She's having a little girl, and so everything was pink and frilly. My main contribution was carving a watermelon into a baby carriage and filling it with fruit. It was a lot of fun to do, and it turned out really well! I wish I had taken a picture of it before anyone had eaten out of it, but I didn't get a chance. Everyone thought it was cute. :) I'm glad I can do stuff like that for people! I did have one problem with it, though, and that is I HATE melons of every kind. I like carving them, and I enjoy making melon balls (it's fun), but I cannot stand the way they smell or taste. By the time I was done with this particular carriage, I had watermelon juice and seeds and rinds all over my kitchen and all over me. Fun stuff. I like to make those, but I hope I never have to eat any of them.

4) Josh is home for a couple of weeks! He came to church with us last night wearing his white robes, but no one seemed phased except for the little kids. He's still driving his mom's BMW two-seater convertible, which I think is hilarous. Vow of poverty, indeed! :) He's lost a lot of weight, but he looks good! He's also started wearing glasses and let his hair grow out a bit, so he's starting to look a little like David Tennant. We all know how I feel about DT, so I try not to think about that when Josh is around. I will NOT let him ruin my crush on The Doctor! I won't! Hopefully we'll get to hang out a bit while he's in town. I miss Josh! :(

5) I have been listening to the audio novel of Jaws lately, and coincidentally it was also on TV this weekend. I hadn't seen it in a long time, so I decided to watch it again. The book is good, but Jaws is one of the instances where I believe the movie is actually better. There is a subplot in the book that kind of pulls down the tempo of the story. Anyways, I had forgotten how much that movie terrifys me! I know it isn't real, I know the shark looks fake, but my feet itch and my legs feel all weird and I can't breathe when I watch that movie! Sharks are really, really scary! Getting eaten by one would be decidely unplesant!

1 comment:

amy said...

I have a picture of the one you did for my shower!