Friday, August 07, 2009

Do you ever wish you could have a fall in the floor, kicking and screaming, flailing your arms tantrum like a 3 year old because of something you don't want to do at work? I'm feeling that way today.

It isn't a big deal or anything, but today it's my turn to introduce the guest astronaut speaker for the Astronaut Lunch we have on Fridays. I just simply don't want to do it! Contrary to popular belief, I don't always like to be up in front of people. Heck, I'm terribly shy, I am just very good at hiding it most of the time. I have this feeling that I'm going to get up there to do my very minimal job of reading his bio and introducing him and I'm going to embarrass myself in some way. I'm seriously dreading this!

Also, and even more silly, is the fact that I have a weird tic whenever I hear the man's name. Our speaker today is shuttle astronaut Robert "Hoot" Gibson. Whenever I hear his name, I say "HOOOOOOT!" I can't seem to stop! It's like I have Tourette Syndrome or something. If I don't say it, it builds up! Also, the Libyan delegation of Camp kids will be in attendance, and every time I hear someone say "Libyans" I hear the way Doc Brown said it on Back to the Future in my head and I start to giggle.

I'm going to wind up looking like a lunatic. :{

No comments: