Monday, August 03, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) This weekend was unusually non-productive and I'm sad about that. I don't know why, but I just didn't feel like doing anything at all. I did end up mowing the lawn before the flood came, and I think I might have done dishes (can't remember) but that was about it. I had a lot I needed to do, so now I just have to do it all sometime this week. :( Boo. Procrastination is nice until the bill falls due.

2) Steve and I made a run to Sams on Saturday. That place is dangerous. I don't know what it is about buying things in bulk, but it is addicting. I mean, you could go to a regular grocery store and buy a box of dog treats, but you can go to Sams and buy a 10 lb. box of dog treats! You can go to a convenience store and buy a bottle of Gatorade, or you can go to Sams and buy a flat of bottles! Somehow buying in bulk is always better. However, we don't have much storage space, so now we have large boxes of food and stuff stashed in strange places. Silver lining, though...we have enough food to last us through a short term quarantine or house arrest!

3) I just drank a bottled smoothie that I got at Target. It's something called "Tropical Mango Probiotic 100% Fruit Smoothie" and it comes from the Naked company. I was perusing the ingredients and I saw that this small bottle contains something called Fructooligosaccharides. The remnants of my biology class memories tell me that this is some kind of fruit derived sweetner, but it certainly doesn't sound natural. I'm scared. I just hope that I don't also get a big dose of gamma radiation or something. Those two might not mix well. KELLY SMASH!

4) The yard sale we were going to have this past Saturday was postponed due to rain, and now we will be having it this Saturday! That means more running (or driving, rather) back and forth to Athens to finish things up. Whee. However, on the plus side, I've found more stuff at home to get rid of! Go me!

5) Steve and I have been watching the Buffy the Vampire Slayer series lately. I didn't watch it very much when it was actually on air and he never watched it at all. Turns out we both like it a lot, even though it's a bit silly. I think most of it is because of Joss Whedon's writing. He's very clever. Anyways, one of the episodes we've recently watched was "Once More With Feeling" which was the musical. It has some very catchy songs on it, so I hope I don't forget myself and start singing any of them aloud today. My co-workers may not understand. :P

6) I finally had to break down and change out my purse this past weekend. I really liked the one that Mr. Lee got me for Christmas, but it was huge! I realized that I just kept putting things into it and not having to take anything out! I swear, once I was rooting around in there for something and I put my arm in almost all the way to my shoulder. Unless you are Mary Poppins, that is not normal. I was afraid that one day I'd wind up having to crawl all the way in to find something and end up in Narnia. I never thought I'd say this, but you can have too much purse.

No comments: