Friday, August 21, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Good grief, I'm tired. I've been busy all week and I'm still not done with everything yet. Things at work have been kind of nuts because when the crowds die down after school starts, people begin to realize they need stuff from me! I don't mind, it makes the day go faster and all, but geez. I've also been busy with church stuff since the hostess committee has been working at lots of events this week. Well, I say "lots" but there will be a total of 3 after tonight. That's still a lot more than we usually do in a week. Yesterday I hit "kill me" mode and kind of just zoned out at my desk. Luckily I was able to finish a couple of things, but the blank spots in my day couldn't have been good for productivity! I have also frequently zoned out at home too. I have done dishes and a couple of loads of laundry, but other than that I've been useless. It's bad, though, because I have so much to do and I'm too tired to do it all. It's too much for one person, so I get discouraged. Eventually, I'll have to do it, though, or our house will be condemned.

2) The cat is back. Spot, as I call her (after Data's cat of course), has been showing up more and more often lately and I've been feeding her a little bit almost every time she's there. I know that's stupid, but I'm still not sure she has a home. I'm afraid she's probably lost, but because her owners didn't give her a tag I can't get her back home. I think she must've been someone's indoor cat, because she really, really wants to come inside our house when we open the door. She HAS gotten in a couple of times, but I have to put her out again. It makes me feel so bad. She isn't very old and she's so sweet. Last night I didn't have much time to mess with her when I got home, so I gave her a few bites of a leftover chicken finger and left her alone out on our stoop. She stayed out there for a long time, and when it started to storm, I wanted to bring her inside so badly, but I couldn't. Not only were the dogs in there, we don't have a litter box, and I didn't want to have to deal with that. I went out there and held her for a little bit and you could tell she was scared. When I started scratching her and petting her, she did that weird "kneading" thing with her front paws on my chest. What is that? Ugh, I can't afford another animal! As much as I like Spot, I want her to find her real home so that I don't have to worry about her anymore. She makes me so sad. :(

3) If you are the kind of person who uses those powdered drink mixes that you add to bottled water, let me recommend Welch's brand grape flavored drink mix. It actually tastes like grape juice, albeit a bit watered down. Good stuff!

4) Do you remember the cartoons from the 80's that had the really rocking-out theme songs? I never really thought much about it until Steve started watching old episodes of M.A.S.K and Pole Position (and if you aren't familiar with either of those, count yourself lucky.) The singers just sound so earnest. Do you think they kind of felt stupid when they were recording those songs? I mean, if you sing about Jesus, or love, or even Dr. Feelgood, I can understand really jamming out, but a cartoon theme song?

Observe:
Also:
and last but not least:

I actually just caught myself dancing to these, so I think I should stop here.

No comments: