Wednesday, February 10, 2010


You've heard me talk about it, but now you can see it for yourself. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you: The General.

This is Steve's new and wonderful car! A 2009 Dodge Challenger that we've named The General. You know, 'cause we name cars in our family. Don't judge us. OK, granted, if we were going to name it The General, it should be a Charger like the Duke boys had, but we couldn't resist. We also haven't figured out how to slide in and out of the windows, but hopefully we have time to learn all of that later.

Anyways, this is the car I haven't been able to drive yet. I think I've almost shamed Steve into letting me drive it! It hasn't happened yet, but hopefully it will one of these days. :) My guess is that once it gets scratched or something, I'll be able to get my hands on it. Honestly, at this point I'm paranoid about driving it, so I'm not too devastated. I'm weird about touching, driving, using anything owned by someone who is particular about their stuff, because with my luck I'll somehow destroy it, and Steve is really particular about his stuff. Also, it's easier not to fuss about it, you know?

I think I've unraveled the mystery behind the real reason he won't let me drive it, though. I have noticed a strange phenomenon that surrounds the car almost everywhere it goes. I've always thought of cars being one of those things that attract women. I guess because it is portrayed like that in the media, but this car doesn't attract women...oh no. Ceci n'est pas une Chick Magnet, indeed. This car is a Dude Magnet. I'm not kidding and I'm not even exaggerating. Policemen, men we know, men we've never met, my co-workers out on their smoke breaks, guys driving next to us, the COO of my company; they all drool over this car. We get stopped out in parking lots, stores, and church to answer questions. We even got extra special service from a waiter at a restaurant we went to because he saw us drive up in it and he wanted to ask questions about it. It's actually fairly funny. I've had to learn things about this car so that I can answer questions myself. Don't get me wrong, the car is nice, but the only other thing I've ever known this many random guys to be fascinated with is boobs, and they don't have nearly as many questions about those as they do this car. Possibly the combination of the two is just too powerful a force to be unleashed on an unsuspecting world? I don't know. Heeheehee.

It's really a great car, though. It has beautiful lines and I like the vintage style of it. I kind of wish it had the HEMI engine so that it would sound bad-ass, but I think the trade off of a V-6 for better gas mileage makes it all OK.

6 comments:

Kenny said...

Ai yai yai

amy said...

He won't let you drive it because he fears the power you would wield with both boobs and the car!

amy said...

Besides, I at least totally cannot judge. Not only do I name cars (and computers, and musical instruments), but the real reason I had to get a Jeep was because of Daisy Duke. Yeeha!

Anonymous said...

Here's your solution... buy a second one for you. A red one, with a HEMI!

Anonymous said...

He won't let you drive the car??

Easy solution, don't let him ride the "vehicle of love"...

That'll bring him 'round!

Anonymous said...

Change from une to de in the pic.