Friday, February 12, 2010

QUICKIES

1) I've figured out why I'm having trouble with my contacts. It's my office. Either the heater (which blows cold air) is drying out my eyes, there is a de-humidifier somewhere in this place that is affecting humidity up here, or there is so much mold and dust flying around the office that I'm going to be taken over and controlled by single-celled vermin and the only side effect (other than evil) is itchy eyes.

2) Speaking of my eyes... I told you I was having trouble with my new glasses. I thought it was because I was just getting used to the new prescription or the slight progressive lens. I even had this fear that I had said "number 1" was better than "number 2" when they were flipping through the exam lenses, when in fact, "number 2" was better. That wasn't it at all!! I tried wearing them and it was awful. I was getting nauseated and dizzy, and driving with them was like playing Mario Cart through a blurry television screen. I finally took them back to the doc's office and asked if thy would take a look at them. It turns out that my left lens had a wave in it. They are going to fix it for free. I was just relieved that I hadn't had a stroke.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This time of year messes with my vision too sometimes. It's the dry air. I run a humidifier at home just because it helps with lots of things(sinuses, dry itchy skin, static, etc...). Target and lots of other places have them, but depending on the model you get they can be pretty pricey. Most of them are around $40 though. You should get one and put it in your office. I even used to run one in my server room at work because computers don't react well to static electricity.

--JT

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your eye issues. More sorry to hear Steve won't let you drive General. Here's an idea:
If he won't let you drive the car, then don't let him ride in your "vehicle of luuuuuve". Eventually he'll throw you the keys and buy you a tank of gas!