Monday, October 25, 2010

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) First off, I'd like to apologize to anyone who might have been redirected to this blog by accident. I seem to have an unusual number of international visitors who wind up here while doing searches for other blogspot sites, and I'd just to be clear, I have no idea what is happening. Hopefully, though, you'll be so enthralled by my wit and adorableness that you'll become a regular visitor! Right? *crickets-crickets-crickets*

2) I am now, and probably always will be, about 10 years old deep down inside. There is a hymn that is fairly common "All Hail the Power of Jesus' Name" that we have sung for as long as I remember. If you aren't familiar with the song, the first line goes:

"All hail the power of Jesus' name, let angels prostrate fall."

Every single time, for years and years and years, I giggle when we sing that song because in my mind, the line becomes:

"All hail the power of Jesus' name, let angels PROSTATE fall."

I know how childish and ridiculous that is, but I can't help it. It makes me think that when Jesus is around, the angels internal workings start to prolapse. Funny, maybe, but appropriate? Never.

3) Steve and I watched the last season of "True Blood" this weekend. It isn't a show that we trouble ourselves about while it's actually on, but once the season is over we will eventually look for the episodes we missed. I like the show alright, and it has some funny parts, but I'm not a huge fan of vampires. They don't scare me or anything, they just seem overly...pretentious and moody? Like supernatural MySpace cutters. Anyways, the show is pretty good for what it is, I guess. Of course, they make Louisiana a lot more interesting than it really is. If you could believe what they say, the state is full of attractive naked people, none of which are human. Bon Temps, indeed!

4) I made some apple cheddar scones this weekend that actually turned out good enough to make you slap your momma! I mean, don't....but they are that good. I thought I had burnt them, because while they were baking I kept smelling smoke. Thankfully, it was just something on one of the registers, because they turned out fine. This reminds me that I need to clean the oven today. I hate doing that. :( I mean, it's a self cleaning oven, but it scares me to have it on that high. Oh well...gotta do it. Boo.

5) After telling you guys that the sea monkeys were doing well, I've lost 3 of them and now only have 3 left. How sad. :( There are supposed to be babies, and I occasionally see one flitting around, but they never live long enough to grow up. Who knew you could get attached to water bugs?

1 comment:

Kenny said...

"Like supernatural MySpace cutters."

Excellent!