Monday, July 19, 2004

KELLY'S (B)LOG: Stardate...um...July 19th point two two seven
 
    So I'm finally back at work, sitting in my cubie, and I thought I'd go ahead and fill everyone in on what I did on my summer vacation!  : )  For the two weeks I was off from work, I actually cleaned like a mad fool.  I tried to do one room a day, clean it and rearrange it if necessary, and make sure I threw away enything that we didn't need or want anymore.  I was doing great until I got to my office.  Now, if any of you had ever been in my office lately, you would know that it was the room where we put anything that remotely looked like a book or art supply, so it was beyond trashed.  It took me three days to get it straightened enough to rearrange the big desk and move in the tall bookcase.  I even alphabetized my novels!  However, I didn't get completely done.   The only thing I have to do now is clean off my computer desk and paint over the gesso splatters on the walls! 
 
    I also had lunch/dinner with Kenny on Tuesday, and had a great time.  We met halfway at the Cracker Barrell in Cullman and afterwards walked around the downtown area.  That place was a little spooky!  There was no one around, it was like the movie Children of the Corn (without the corpses and murderous children, of course.)  It was hot, but we took some pictures and talked, and I had a wonderful evening.  He also liked his drawing, for anyone interested. : )
 
Wednesday we had some bad weather, and so for part of the day, me and both doggies were crouched in the hallway waiting for the tornado sirens to stop.  Butler and Bear fell asleep, but I was lying in the floor waiting for the ceiling to come crashing down.  I started to pray, and immediatly the song, "Eye is on the Sparrow" started running through my head, so I knew we'd be okay.  After the weather cleared, I went to help out at our church dinner.
 
Saturday, as you know, I was in Six Flags.  It was just as much fun as I thought it would be.  It rained heavily until we got in the park, and we ended up standing in line for the first ride for about two hours.  When we rode that one, we went to the next one that Steve wanted to ride and it also had a two hour wait, so we skipped that one to find another ride.  They were all either closed, or the lines were so packed that we wouldn't have gotten to do much except stand in lines all day.  We finally found a ride that seemed to be moving fairly quicky, and we stood in line for about half an hour.  When we finally got to the front of the line, they stopped running it due to rain.  We paid over $90 dollars and only got to ride one ride.  It was so crowded and hot that even just being in the park was uncomfortable!  Oh well, Steve, Josh  and I still had a good time just hanging out. 
 
Wow, my life is exciting, huh?  : ) 

No comments: