Wednesday, September 08, 2004

IT'S OFFICIAL!!

I have a recipiant for the Kelly's Place first ever Bless Their Heart award. This award, given in the truest Southern Girl manner, will go to those unfortunates who I feel need a good dose of "Bless their heart!"

The first recipiant is a man we all know and love dearly, my own dear husband, Steve Pratt. Yesterday seemed to be a bad day for him both physically and mentally.

While leaving the Administrative Science building amidst the throng of short-sleeved-shirt-with-a-tie kind of guys (various geeks and nerds), Steve slipped on the top step and rolled all the way down, not only skinning his knuckes and elbow horribly, but also losing his papers and dignity as well. Apparently a Steve Urkel clone spoke up behind him and said "Don't worry, I did the same thing last semester." He bled quite badly in the car, but I'm happy to report that he is scabbed over nicely and only has a slight limp. We would all be happy to remind Steve with this advice: "That which does not kill us, usually makes people laugh at our expense."

All together now: BLESS HIS HEART!

As an addendum to that fiasco, last night he fell asleep while I was watching CSI. When it was over, I shook him and asked him to turn off the TV because the remote was on his bed side table. Apparently he was deep in a REM cycle, because no matter how I shook or patted, he wouldn't wake up. I finally got him to groggily wake up enough to say "What?" and I asked him to turn off the TV again. He turned over, picked up the alarm clock (said alarm clock is about a foot long and four inches tall, and stays plugged into the wall) and pointed it at the TV while pressing the "SNOOZE" button.

Once more with feeling: BLESS HIS HEART!!!

(karmic retrebution for this is going to be a bear, don't you think?)

No comments: