Friday, September 17, 2004

You know, a teeny part of me was a little disappointed that Ivan the Terrible wasn't as terrible as we thought he was going to be. I was curious to see what a hurricane was like. The rest of me, though, is content with the outcome. : )

I'm sitting here at work not doing anything today. We are super slow right now because people don't want to make plans this far in advance, but hey, I'm not complaining.

Yesterday I had to stop by Wal-Mart to get some glue and in the ramble around the store, I happened to pass the bread aisle, and it was completely stripped bare! I couldn't believe it!!! Why do people run out and buy bread at the first sign of bad weather? If someone can tell me, I'd appreciate it. I used to work at a grocery store and let me tell you, you see a whole new side of humanity during these "weather-related grocery store raids." People will tear your face off for a jug of milk or a loaf of bread. I even got yelled at once because there was only skim milk left in the case. A part of me hopes that the mean ones get home with their milk, and they have no power. That'll teach them to act like that!!!

We are going to dinner with Steve's parents tonight. They just got back from Wisconsin and they are about to leave on another trip out west, so we want to see them before they leave. We also have to buy a wedding gift for a wedding that's we're going to tomorrow. I can't believe that I forgot to do that before now! The main problem is that I have no idea where they are registered, so I'm just going to have to pick something at random and hope that it doesn't clash with their other stuff. What exactly is the etiquette on that? Do you not get them something if you don't know where they registered or do you get something and hope they can use it? Ah, who knows. I'm getting them something, though.

Well, I'm off! Have a great weekend!




No comments: