Monday, September 13, 2004

WEEKEND UPDATE

This weekend was more full than it had a right to be. Friday I had school and work, of course, and after work I went to Rhonda and Lee's house to mow the lawn. I don't know what Mr. Lee put of the grass, but it's beautiful! I don't usually call grass beautiful because I believe it's just glorified weeds, but their grass is dark green, thick, and soft! I hated to cut it or even walk on it! : )

Saturday I had to work, of course, and then I went to the gym. I don't know if it's just me, or what, but I almost died on the Stair Master! Actually, it's my fault for not knowing what is considered a "level". I was punching in my weight (yikes) and it asked me what level I wanted to start at. I just randomly punched in a 6, because that sounded like a good middle number. Apparently I was at an advanced level that only people who are in reasonably good shape can get through without dying. I actually had to stop and hang on to the sides of the machine until I wasn't seeing spots. Then I turned the level down to 1 and was able to finish my time. I'm such a wimp. Also, just a word to those who don't know, walking down stairs after you've just put yourself through unusual amounts of physical activity, is hard. I almost fell down the stairs due to jelly-legs. How embarrassing would that be?! When I got back down to the locker room, I opened the door and lo and behold, there was a lady with her breast out feeding her baby sitting right there in the doorway. Now, don't get me wrong, breastfeeding your kids is fine, I just don't want to see it. I mean, come on, there is plenty of locker room available for you to do that in, must you sit in the doorway and do it? Jeez... I didn't know what to do! I just sort of ran past her. I wish I hadn't seen that. After I got home and ready again, we went to see Bill Engvall, the "Here's Your Sign" comedian. He was hilarious!!!!! I'd never seen a comedian in person before, and I really enjoyed it!

Sunday was just a weird day. I felt funny when I got up and while we were at church all I could think about was that I wanted to go home. I don't know what was wrong with me. I was at the point that I was almost in tears because I wanted to leave, but I have no idea why. I was able to make it through the service, but I practically ran out of the church and got into the Durango. Steve wanted to go to an Eagles picnic, and I hated to tell him I didn't want to go, so we went and had lunch and did a little bit of christmas shopping and went home. I was so glad to be home, and I didn't leave again for the rest of the day except to drive with Steve to get dinner. It was freaky. I hope that doesn't happen again.

No comments: