Monday, September 27, 2004

Weekend Update!

Well, the weekend is over and I survived another one. I had planned on it being a lazy weekend, but I was wrong!

Friday after work I went to Home Depot to get some landscaping supplies. Steve and I want to try and make out yard look nicer due to the sheer bleakness of our yard when compared to everyone else on our street. I was able to get those edging stones (42 feet worth) and a Garden Hound, which is a priceless, manual, tilling thingie. I can't really explain it better than that. Anyways, mom had called and invited me to come stay with them friday since Steve was in GA, but I had to go home and take care of the puppies. I had dinner and started doing laundry, which if you read my entry from Friday then you'd know what an adventure that was, and I ended up staying up until about 1:00 AM. I'm too old to stay up that late!!!!

Saturday I woke up early and started working on the landscaping. I've never set up edgers before, but I don't think I did too bad of a job. I totally had a groove going until I hit a pocket of spiders and was forced to quit due to getting the complete heebs. I couldn't decide whether or not they were grass spiders or brown recluse spiders, and I didn't want to take the chance of getting bitten and ending up with volcanic leasions on my immediate personage. I put everything away and got on Google, to find out what kind they were. Unless I am mistaken, I found a nest of wolf spiders. One the size of a quarter. *SHUDDER* I would have had to stop anyway because I was going to have lunch with my mom, dad and brother at their house, and then I was going on to Lee and Rhonda's to mow the lawn. So I did that, and it was after dark before I got home. I ended up renting Mean Girls, which was hilarious, and doing more laundry. Fun stuff.

Sunday I slept late and ended up missing class, but I did make it in time for the service. I went to my parents house again for lunch, and then I came back home to do dishes and more laundry. I didn't get even half of what I needed to do done, believe it or not. Steve came home later that evening, and I spent the rest of the time listening to his weekend stories.

I think I'm going to have to impose a "Doing Stuff" hiatus on myself until this semester is over. This means no trips away from Huntsville (unless I see that I have a break in school/housework), no going out unless I have everything done that needs to be done, and weekends I'm not working will be delegated to working on the house and yard. SIGH!

No comments: