Friday, September 24, 2004

THAT'S NOT A BLOG, IT'S A SPACE STATION...

OK, can you guess what I've been watching this week? Heeheehee

Steve FINALLY got his DVD versions of the original Star Wars trilogy and we've watched the heck out of the special features. I can't believe that I lasted as long as I did, but some of those things are really interesting. It's funny to find out about all the famous people who auditioned for the parts and to hear how the characters and sound effects were thought up. George Lucas is truly a very talented man. I just wish he'd leave well enough alone, though. The next thing you know, he'll have replaced everything with computer animation. SIGH.

Did I tell you that my Graphics II teacher is apparently a male version of Lois Lane? The other day I was standing in the hallway(with my glasses pushed up on my head) and he passed by. I smiled and said hello, but he kind of just looked at me and walked past without saying anything. When we got into class later on, I put my glasses back on and he looked at me and said "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to be rude, but I didn't know who you were without your glasses." I was all....uh, okay. "You'll never guess my secret identity..." Now, I know I look goofy in my glasses, but I also know that they don't completely obliterate my face. I thought that was just funny!

Steve and I had our pictures made for the church directory last night. We got to see the digital proofs and amazingly enough, the pictures turned out great! We got a whole lot of the prints to spread around the family. Lucky them, huh? Hey, you don't know, you may be getting one in your christmas card!!!! ; )

I've been trying to gather all of the laundry since this is the first time since school started that I've had time to do that, and I have to ask this question. When cleaning your home, is it a bad sign when you have to treat it like an archeological dig? Seriously, I'm finding things in layers. For example "Oh, here is the shirt that I haven't seen since July..." Ugh, I've got my work cut out for me!!!

I finally went and got the edging stones so that we can begin working on our landscaping. Who knows if it will look good or not, but doggone it, I'm going to do it or die trying. To start off, I bought 42 feet worth of red, scalloped, edging bricks. I was hoping not to have to get anything scalloped, but I didn't have much of a choice. I wish I could get some stones for a retaining wall, but I couldn't afford it this time. Well, maybe I can do that later.

You know what? I want to start a society called PETC or Pet-C. That stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Celebrities. Seriously, I've just realized how low the media will go due to the latest Britney Spears marriage-or whatever. Now, I'm not a huge Britney fan, but I have begin to feel sorry for her simply because people will not leave her alone. It's bad enough when you can't even have your wedding because too many people are snapping pictures and hanging on to the fences surrounding the church or whatever, but when they all argue about whether or not they are legally married...jeez, it's too much. You know, if she wasn't famous, and her and her redneck fiance wanted to get married, they could have just had the ceremony in the backyard of her trailer. No one would have cared one iota. Well, except for maybe that guy she had been married to a few months earlier. He would have been outside her lot, sitting on the bed of his pickup, drunk, hollering "But Britney, I still loooooooooooove you...". It's always sad to me when people with white trash tendancies don't have the proper outlets, you know?

Anyways, back to the washing machine...

No comments: