Friday, July 01, 2005

MEDIC!!!!!!!

I'm still a little queazy from what happened to me a few minutes ago. I was standing there, minding my own business and cutting out a sign with my exacto knife, when I suddenly felt a sting on the side of my finger. I looked down and realized that I had cut off the corner of my finger. You heard me right, folks, I sliced a chunk out of my left index finger. Now, I didn't lose the tip off or anything, but there is now a notch on my hand. Amazingly enough, I cut in just the right place for it not to start bleeding immediately, so I ran over and grabbed the liquid bandage goo and squirted it right over whre I hurt myself. The shock of pain that ran through my body when that stuff got down into that cut made me almost pass out, but I was able to keep on working with no fuss or muss. I can't help but still be shaky, though. My knife was sharp enough to go right through me...*shudder*

Anyways. Last night Steve and I went to see War of the Worlds. We were supposed to go and see it wednesday, but I fell asleep! My one work summary of the movie: amazing! I was afraid that the movie wasn't going to be all that great, but I was very surprised! It was awesome. There was just enough action not to be overwhelming and a good combination of sets and CGI special effects. Tom Cruise, while I find him personally strange, does a great job acting as the scared father in this movie. I don't want to say too much because I want you all (yes, even you too) to go see it! I will want this movie when it comes out on DVD! See it on the big screen if possible!

Wow, I'm tired. We are supposed to go over to our friends house tonight and play trivia, but I wish I could just sleep. I would never be ale to get away with not going, though. Dangit, maybe I will get a nap in before I have to go anywhere.

Work is still going well. I've completed most of the tasks that have been turned over to me, except the ones that keep making my computers crash! : ) My work computers are two of the oldest and most dragged down couple of Macs I've ever been near. Just trying to reply to an e-mail on my Outlook makes the computer lock up! However, I'm getting a lot of the more simple projects out of the way. We have 378 projects on our roster, and so far only 17 have been completed. To be fair, they are the more complicated ones, but good greif...

Well, I must go and weed a sign. : )

No comments: