Tuesday, July 26, 2005

So tell me, why is it that I was asked to go to a meeting when I was all but ignored? Granted, I'm fairly new at the whole graphic designing game, but I do know what I'm doing (believe it or not). Today my boss and I had a meeting with some of the guys in marketing who travel to different places to pimp out our camp. What they want is to update some of the stuff they are using for their booth. It was pretty plain to see what needed to be done, but any time I said anything, the other guys stared right through my head and acted as if I was a rather annoying gnat that kept flyng around trying to get up their noses. At least my boss didn't do that (he's an awful cool guy). At any rate, I decided that I was going to make them listen to me, so I locked eyes with one of them and repeated myself until he got the hint that maybe I wasn't some art-house rat that would undermine the whole idea behind "MARKETING". I worked with customers through our marketing department for three frikin' years! I know what I'm talking about even if I don't have a degree. I would probably know what would catch the eyes of our potential customers just as well as they do, if not more. Great googly-moogly that was annoying.

On a nicer, less annoyed note:

We watched the shuttle launch from the little theater I used to work in. There were tons of people packed in there, and I have to say, it was awesome. It amazes me that people are willing to be strapped to a flaming projectile and circle the earth for the sake of science. Smart and brave people just blow my mind. I realized that even though I've worked here on and off for almost 10 years, I had never watched a live launch or even a whole shuttle launch for that matter. Everyone was cheering and getting all excited! It's fun working in a place where everyone is so interested in what is going on.

I've pretty much been toodling around here all day not doing much. It's weird when we have down time because I never know if I should be doing something specific or if I should be in suspended animation waiting for instructions. I've already put the PMS color markers in order, so what else can I do? : )

I am supposed to sing saturday at my family reunion, but it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to. Eh, well, as much as I like to sing in public, I think I would gladly sit this out if I can. It's weird, I have sung in front of crowds as big as 2,000 people, but the thought of singing in front of my family freaks me out. I'll keep you posted!

That is all.

No comments: