Monday, August 01, 2005

Weekend Update!

Well, the weekend started out very well. After work I met some friends at a resturaunt where we ate dinner with my former boss, Cathy. It was so good to see her again, because she was always so much fun to work for. we were having a great time, but I think we annoyed some of the other patrons because we were LOUD! I ended up having to leave a lot sooner than everyone else so that I could finish up some pressing things that needed to be done at home, but I had a great time with them. By the time I got home, Steve wasn't there. He had gone to play trivia with some other friends of ours, but he didn't get back until I had already gone to bed.

Saturday was somewhat eventful. My mother's side of the family had a family reunion. I don't normally go to them because my family makes me nervous. I wish I could explain why, but I can't explain it. Anyways, Steve and I drove to Scottsborough and couldn't find the community center, but we had a hard time locating anything that even closely resembled a gathering place. We drove down Broad street for a while until finally something looked familliar. I was drawing on a memory of a place I haven't been in about 14 years, and suprisingly I was right. This is kind of suprising seeing that sometimes I forget what I'm talking about in the middle of a sentence! Anyways, we went in and my Aunt Peggy started introducing us around. I got to meet a lot of people I've heard about, but never knew. Poor Steve starts off by embarrassing himself because he introduced himself as my wife! Heeheehee. I got to hug a ton of people (my family members are notorious huggers) and we had dinner. Steve and I finally made our way out and we visited the Unclaimed Baggage store (where I found a truly beautiful book of fairy tales that was a special printing and I'm sure whomever lost it was sad) and went to a small flea market before coming home. By the time we got home and settled, I got a bad headache and pretty much medicated myself and sat around for the rest of the night and played with the dogs.

Sunday was church and we went to my parent's house and celebrated Seth's 7th birthday. I love my nephews a whole bunch, but I'm seriously thinking that parents should make it a habit to drug and hog-tie children. And people wonder why I am reluctant to spawn any of my own! I also had another bout of "Kelly Can't Dress Herself" sunday morning. When we got home from morning worship, Steve came into the room while I was changing shoes, and he looked at me weird and said "Your earrings don't match." Now, I know for a fact that my earrings matched. I picked out a pair specifically to match what I was wearing and remembered putting them on. The first thing I thought was "Stupid men..." but I said, "They do too! I picked them out on purpose." Well, he reached out and took a hold of one of them and started laughing. He said "Well, they would match if this wasn't in them." Apparently another dangly earring had gotten caught in the ones I was wearing, and NO ONE SAID ANYTHING!!!! Thinking back, I was wondering why one of them was brushing my shoulder and one wasn't, but I thought that maybe my head wasn't straight or something. SIGH. Oh yeah, and Steve stepped on the hem of my skirt when he stood up to sing, and when I stood up I almost mooned the people behind us. I'm glad I got a hold of it before I embarassed anyone, or myself.

No comments: