Sunday, August 14, 2005

Well, the Grizwalds are home! As most of you know, Steve and I accompanied his parents on a trip to California last week. We just got in last night, and there is a LOT to tell. I tried recording everything we did on Steve's laptop while we were out there, but I'm not exactly Jack Keroac. It will be too much for me to write as a blog entry, so I'm going to have to create a link from my web page to explain everything! However, I will tell you a few things I learned while traveling this past week:
A) Big cities scare me. I don't care how provencial that makes me sound. Give me Huntsville over San Francisco any day!
B) My prayer life gets way more active when Mr. Lee drives in the mountains.
C) Apparently, when frightened, I curl my toes almost all the way under my foot and make a squeaking noise that no one but Steve seems to hear.
D) Fresno sucks.
E) Apparently, Mono Lake is for lovers.
F) California is the most beautiful place I've ever been.
G) The story about the Donner Party is way more disturbing than I thought it was going to be.
H) The intent to send post cards doesn't always mean I'll do it.
I) I'm not normally agile, but I have the ability to climb large rocks with no problem (with a camera in tow, no less!)
J) People ruin photographs of scenery.
and lastly,
K) It really IS a dry heat!

I'll try to get my trip diary up and running asap! We had a great time and I saw so much! Woo-Hoo!

No comments: