Friday, August 19, 2005

Why is it when I ask a purely hypothetical question, people think I have a hidden agenda? Last night we went out to eat with Josh and Anthony. I decided I wanted to play the "Hypothetical Game" and I asked "If you were going to tell someone something that would make them morally uncomfortable, how would you do it?" No one seemed to get what I meant, so I used the example of "If you were in love with a married woman, would you tell her and how?" All at once they start asking me what married man I was going to tell that I was in love with. Even Steve...STEVE...asked me who I was talking about. I don't think they believed me when I told them it was just a question. I forget that most men don't watch soap operas. One episode of Days of Our Lives, and they would have never questioned my motives. *sound of disgust* I have yet to meet anyone who is fun to play the "Hypothetical Game" with!

You know what I think is funny (besides saying Nibby Bar)? When you run into someone who you know slightly and they don't have a clue who you are, so they desperately look you over while trying to remember where they know you from. This happened to me when I went to pick up some signs. A guy I had a class with was working there and I smiled my friendly I-Know-You smile and said hello and asked how he was. I could tell he recognized me, but didn't know from where, so as he answered me, he's raking me over with his eyes for a clue to figure out how he knows me and he spies my badge. A couple of seconds of staring at my badge, which is on my chest, he realizes that maybe staring at my chest may be a little worse than not knowing my name. After that I decided to let him off the hook and just ask for the signs. He seemed relieved. : )

Do you remember when I told you about my troublesome thumb? At first I thought that I might just be getting old age pains, but I've finally figured out what has caused it. I have a repeatative motion injury, kind of like tennis elbow. Except my injury didn't come from anything quite as noble as tennis. I got it from crocheting. I have a crocheting injury. That is the saddest thing I've ever heard.

No comments: