Friday, August 26, 2005

...I'M JUST LOOKIN' FOR SOME TUSCHE

Don't get scared, tusche is a type of lithography material. When Mr. Crouse was talking about it, I couldn't help but think of that song by ZZ Top. I guess I should be grateful that I didn't start to sing it out loud!

School is actually kind of scary this semester. My Medieval (I can never remember how to spell that) Art class is going to be a lot of reading and researching, and we have to do a research paper and presentation. She gave us an assignment on our first day which was to read the first 12 pages of our textbook and the book of Matthew. I was all, Huh? I've never been told to read the bible as an assignment! Math is...evil. I don't even want to think about it. Lithography seems like it's going to be both interesting and HARD. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it better than I did intaglio. It's just going to be more time consuming, but what else do I have to do in my spare time? : )

One of the things I've liked about going back to school in the fall is to see the new freshman coming to school in their new clothes, looking all scared. It's so funny to see those girls trying to slog from class to class across campus in their skimpy little dresses and pointy, high heeled shoes. It's even funnier to see them by the end of the semester when most of them end up coming to class in pajamas or have embraced some kind of Goth subculture and have tattoos and strange piercings. College can warp people fairly solidly during the freshman year.

In Other News...

I am actually so horrified by something I've recently done that I can't tell you what it is. I know you're wondering why I even brought it up on my blog if I'm not going to tell you what it is. My answer to that is because I need to vent a little. However, since I can't be specific about what I did, it isn't going to be very cathartic. The reader's digest condensed version is that I assumed something...and, well, made good on the old cliche about assuming things. I wish I could climb under my desk and hide fr a couple of months.

I can, however, tell you another embarrassing thing that I've done lately. You may not see why I'm so embarassed, but I am. As I've mentioned before, sometimes if I get bored, I will plug in names of people I haven't seen in a while to see if I can find anything about them on the internet. I know that's sad, but we all do weird things when we are bored. Anyway, I found this friend on a web site for his school's 10 year reunion. I thought it might be nice to see if I could get his e-mail address and drop him a line, just to see what was going on. Well, when I clicked on the link it said I had to become a member to access the information, which was on a Yahoo message board. Well, I have an e-mail address for Yahoo that I never use because I had created the account to play a joke on a former co-worker and so I plugged that in and hit submit thinking I could just jump in there and snag the address and jump out. It said since I hadn't used it in a while, I'd need to change a couple of things, which I did to regain access, and it basically told me that it had sent my request to join the XX High School Reunion group to the administrator for access. My friend (or used-to-be-my-friend) would be one of the administrators. It wouldn't be so bad since I didn't have my name on the e-mail account and the address is something that doesn't even remotely describe me, but my "secondary" e-mail address is one that I have had since I knew him back in the day. Now instead of just getting his address (which I now have access to) I'm too scared to do anything that might draw attention to myself or my screen name because I don't want to think I am stalking him. I also don't know how to remove myself from the list, and even if I did, I don't want to send another e-mail in case he recognizes me. What is the problem, you ask, since your original intent was to get the address anyways. It would be one thing if I had just been able to get his address and e-mail him on my own, but now it looks like I'm trying to be sneaky or something by joining his class reunion board. How in the world do I get into stuff like that?

UGG!

No comments: