Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Got a call from Steve today at about 2:00 giving me an update on his mom's surgery. Apparently when the doctors went in, they began the "whipple procedure" and in the process they found a new tumor, but this time it's cancerous. I don't know specifics, but I do know that they found it early, and so far it hasn't spread to any organs, but is localized in the lymph nodes near the liver. They didn't take it out during the surgery because the doc was afraid they wouldn't get all of it, so they did a mini-whipple (my word, not theirs) and got her closed up. They are going to give her some time for recovery from the surgery, and then start a two week stint of chemotherapy, and hopefully that will stop the growth of the tumor and they will finish whippling her later and also take out the tumor at the same time. I would just like to ask for more prayers, please, because this is a really scary thing.

Thanks

No comments: