Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Outside it's cold, inside the museum it's chilly, in Algebra class the room was freezing, and up in my office it's about three hundred degrees. I'm going between cold chills and hot flashes so quick, it's like being in an episode of the Golden Girls! Oy!

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by my office being hot. Two out of my four walls are made of glass, and not that double layer, zenon filled stuff either. I basically work in a greenhouse for a good three hours of the day. The rest of the time I'm just trying to cool it off enough not to pass out. I suppose I can look on the bright side, though. If I'm ever strapped for cash, it's the perfect place to start a marajuana growing business! I mean, I can even borrow the Space Camp hydroponics equipment! : )

I didn't finish the Stupid Paper last night, but I came close. I don't know if it's because I've spent so much time reading over it or what, but it's stopped making any sense to me at all, so I've been adding some things and taking other things away. I've been inserting my footnotes and trying to figure out if I still need to put quotes around the stuff if I am indeed making footnotes. I'll have to consult my MLA book on that one. Hastared paper!

Yesterday, poor Butler had an unfortunate turn of events in his kennel. When we picked him up, we forgot to ask if they had fed the dogs, so we fed them that night at the regular time. Apparently, Butler decided he would just be a goldfish and eat everything he could get a hold of, even if he was already full. Well, we put him to bed, and the next morning I walked into the living room to find that he had gotten sick all inside of his kennel. It was dried and disgusting, and we didn't have time to clean it out before we had to leave for work, so Steve moved it outside until we got home. When we got home, I started trying to clean it out, but didn't have much luck with the bucket of water I was pouring into it. So we pulled out the hose from it's winter storage.

Now, I'll pause here to say that for Steve and I, our life is sometimes like a Three Stooges short. We can make the simplest thing complicated and messy, and it's sometimes done in full veiw of people who have no idea what it going on.

Anyway, we pulled out the hose and I set about hooking it up. I couldn't get the stupid thing to attach. Now, I was taught by my shop teacher (yes, I had to take shop in order to be in the FFA, as weird as that may seem now) that anything with screw threads is "righty-tighty, lefty-loosy" and I was doing that. It would still not go on. I didn't have a clue what was wrong, I mean, I have trouble with Velcro, so this confusion didn't seem so far fetched. So I just handed it to Steve who looked it over and realized that part of the last faucet we had the hose attached to was stuck in the screw on end! So he had to pull that out somehow while I stood guard over the disgusting kennel and try not to look at the inside of it. He got it fixed and hooked it up, amd handed it back to me so that he could change out of his work clothes. So I'm trying to hose out the kennel, and it's still not getting clean. I realize I don't have enough pressure, so I turn it up as far as it will go, but it still isn't working! So I ask Steve if he's got one of those attachment thingies, which he did, and asked him to hook it on. Well, if you've ever tried to hook a hose attachment on while the water is on, you probably know what happened. All of the deflected water squirted me in the face. Steve laughed, and I cursed him silently. When we finally got the thing on, the extra pressure inside the hose caused a hole to burst out of one side, which sprayed me again. Once again, Steve laughed, and I cursed him silently. By this time I'm determined to just get the stupid kennel clean. Armed with a broom and a bottle of soap, we fill the kennel with suds and I start scrubbing with the broom! while I'm doing this, water is going everywhere, I'm getting soapy and wet, and I'm loudly asking how Butler could be so inconsiderate as to not promptly wake us up the minute he got sick and let us know about it so that we could clean it out! I mean, if Lassie can tell someone that Timmy was stuck in a well, Butler could have figured out how to unlock the kennel and woken us up! Well, we finally got most of it out. I sent Steve after more soap, and decided (like I'm sure anyone would in my position) that since I've got a hose apraying in four different directions, I'll just pretend I'm a sprinkler. So, sound effects, movements and all, I do this...right as the neighbors drive up. Did I mention I was in the front yard? These are the same neighbors that had the crying child in their front yard not long ago, remember? Well, The hooker next door with an imaginary friend is now holding a water hose in the middle of the front lawn with her arms standing out and twisting from side to side...and Steve is once again nowhere to be seen. So I just continue what I'm doing, kind of hoping they'll just assume it's some kind of pagan water hose ritual and not ask any questions. They didn't ask, but they did run inside with much haste. We finally got the thing cleaned, and I got to go inside and boil my hands and burn my clothes. The next time Butler does something so unspeakable in the kennel, I'm just going to throw it away and get a new one. ;)

No comments: