Wednesday, November 02, 2005

HAPPY TREES

I spent a great deal of my day taking pictures of trees. I used to have a friend who did this for me, but he apparently has a life now, so I have to do it for myself. I've actually been wanting to take a few pictures of the gorgeous maples in the parking lot of the museum, so I snagged the camera as I was walking out of the door today. I'm glad I had it with me, because look at what was in my front yard:



When I got to work, I was glad to see that the leaves were still there. I was certain that with my luck I would finally remember the camera, and every single tree would be completely naked. I wish I could show you all of the ones I took, but I liked this one the best.



I STILL LOVE AUTUMN!!!

I never got a chance to do my weekend update, but I'll go ahead and give you the Reader's Digest Condensed Version, just so that I don't feel like a complete slacker.

Friday Steve and I went to dinner at the Bonefish Grille. I was a little underwhelmed at the food, but I liked the atmosphere. I'm not a huge fan of seafood anyway, but I didn't want to order anything else at a seafood place. I give it a 5 on the nummy scale, but that's only due to the calamari we had to start with and the waiter who was a lot like Paul Reiser without all of the touching of the forehead and Jewish Mother attitude.

Saturday Steve's dad came over to help him figure out why our heater wasn't working. We had been freezing inside for about a week. Steve couldn't figure out why the fan was coming on, but no heat was coming out. I mean, we had to start putting a heating pad under the covers for a while before it wasn't painful to get into bed, and it got to the point where I was wearing gloves inside while I was doing my homework. Not a nice feeling. Anyway, Mr. Lee was here for a grand total of about 7 1/2 minutes before they realized that there was no heat because the gas valve was turned off. I won't make fun, even though I want to -- badly. I'll just say that...*cough*iwouldhavecheckedthatfirst. At any rate, we now have heat, but with oil prices as high as they are, we won't get to use much. That night we had been invited out to dinner with friends, but once again I had to do more stinking research for that stupid research paper. There isn't a curse word in any language strong enough to describe how I feel about that paper.

Sunday I finally got to sing again. I had finally found an arrangement of His Eye Is On the Sparrow that I liked, so I sang that one. Steve and I got to church so early that I practiced before the Minister of Music came in, and my voice (which is still kind of creaky at times) was fine until he walked in, and then I started coughing like crazy. I'm sure he was glad he asked me to sing! Well, even though I was nervous, I did all right. At least I didn't spend the whole chorus coughing like I did at practice! That afternoon we went to my parent's house and celebrated my dad's birthday. Everyone bought him clothes because he's recently lost a LOT of weight, and my mom said that he looked pitiful trying to wear his big clothes to church. We made him try everything on for us and model, so I'm sure he loved that. : ) That night we were going to have a pastor appreciation reception, so I and the rest of the Hostess Committee were down in the basement making sandwhiches like mad fools. We have one little old lady who's got to be in her 70s or 80s and she is a sandwhich making MACHINE. May I be able to handle cold cuts like that when I'm her age! ; )

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well guess what, the gas is what we checked first. Had I had any time to check anything at all before that day, I would have checked that first and fixed it. But some of us have had a very stressful month at work and school and don't get home until 8:00 or 9:00 at night and figure that 64 degrees isn't bad enough not to wait until the weekend to look at a problem that could concievably be worse.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Who said anyone on the Hostess Committee was mad........?

Nelson

Tae said...

SIGH. Steve, learn to take a freaking joke, man. It's not like I insulted Han Solo or something...geez.

Tae said...

Nelson! I'm telling your wife you said that! : )