Friday, November 04, 2005

Well, it's been another productive day here at the SpRocket Center. /sarcasm

Actually, it seem like the more productive I need to be, the less I get done. This morning I had to come in and finish laminating some photos for our Human Rescources department. We have a laminating machine, but it doesn't work, so I was doing it old school with contact paper. I can honestly say, I am not good at laminating stuff. My sleeves kept getting stuck in the adhesive. I now know what it feels like to be a fly. Actually, I knew what that felt like already. When I was younger, a rather nasty little boy threw flypaper at me and it stuck to my head. Flypaper + Hair = OUCH!!!!!!! The whole laminating thing just brings back bad memories!

At the moment, I'm trying to cut out a Space Camp® logo on the plotter, but I've already had to redo it once. It would be easier if it didn't have all of these little tiny bits to it. I'll probably go home with half a space shuttle stuck to my butt or something. I always go home with something stuck to me from up here. : )

Last night Steve brought home a baby gift for a lady he works with, and I was given the task of wrapping it. A lot of people assume that I am good at wrapping gifts because of all of the art stuff I do, but I'm not. I can never figure out how much paper to cut off, so I always have these flappy, hangy pieces on the end that I have to cut off, and then they get raggedy and I have to employ some rather creative origami to tuck everything where it needs to go. Not to mention, I NEVER have the appropriate kinds of wrapping paper in the house, and I can never find any bows! I once had to wrap a baby shower gift in leopard print paper with a black bow. It looked like I was giving the mom-to-be trashy lingerie! For a couple of years after Steve and I were married, I had all of the wedding bows to use, but that well has run dry. This time I thought I had something a little more approprite, some purple plaid paper I had bought from some sad eyed kid for a school fundraiser. I did have it, but only about three feet, and it wasn't enough, so I scratched around until I found an unopened roll of brown paper with dragonflies on it. Now, maybe it's just me, but flying insects don't just scream "BABY" to me, but it was either dragonflies or some shiny blue paper that said "Happy Birthday" all over it. I decided to go with the bugs. Then I had to find a card to match. Thank God I have one of those desktop publishing software suites, because lo and behold, I found a dragonfly card in the baby section! We had a whole "bug" theme going on. It may not have been appropriate, but darn it, at least it matched!

I love those card programs. They have a card for everything! Birthdays, holidays, sympathy, caught-your-husband-trying-on-your-majorette-uniform...everything!

Well, I'm off to begin my weekend! Woo-Hoo! I hope you have a great one too. : )

No comments: