Monday, November 07, 2005

WHERE DID FALL GO?! No, that's not a title, that's me screaming out of the window at the weather! I don't want to be hot anymore (well, temperature wise anyways, I don't really have a choice with the other kind. Heehee)!! I have sweaters I want to wear, a great coat, and boots! If this happens again, I'm moving north, I swear it. I want snow or something! /frustration

MIND THE GAP
I had a very lovely weekend, if I do say so. Friday night after work, I went shopping for some work clothes. I've gotten to an awkward place with my weight where just about everything I own is either too big or too small. I had some kind of coupon for New York & Co. and I needed to use it before it expired anyway, so I went to the foo-foo Parkway Place mall. I will just say that, it doesn't seem to matter what it feels like outside, but that place will crank the heat up to a degree past unbearable. "Hey, it's November. It's supposed to be cold. What? It isn't? Eh, who cares, let's go ahead and set the thermostat to 'High Noon at the Equater.'" I don't think any building north of hell should feel like that place did on Friday night. I guess that since the Christmas decorations were already up (huh?) the mall owners didn't feel air conditioning was festive. Oh well, anyways, I went down to NY&CO. and couldn't find anything that jumped out at me, so I decided to see what else was out there. I was just about to give up finding anything, when the GAP called to me across the building. I don't normally enjoy going into the GAP for the simple reason that the clothes there make me feel...old. I will buy jeans there, but that's because jeans are pretty much ageless, everything else just screams "JUNIOR HIGH!!!" at me. Anyways, I took a turn through the store and saw a sale section that gave me pause. I found a pair of corduroy khaki colored pants and a pair of jeans in a wash that I can never find in my size. Now, rationally I knew that I should try them on before I bought them, but I didn't want to be in the mall of Hades any longer than necessary. So I snagged them, finally found a shirt I liked in NY&Co and went home. After Steve and I had dinner, I decided to do my ritual of trying on the new clothes. I tried on the corduroy pants: Score! They fit, but I have the feeling they might be the kind of stuff that will shrink easily, so I'll need to be careful when I wash them. So I grab the jeans and read the tag, they are in my size and they say "curvy" on them. I thought, "Hey, that's good, I have curves! Heck, I've got sine waves! These should fit fine." and I promptly ripped the tags off. I pulled them on and relize they aren't pulling up as far as they should. My first thought was...well, it was something I can't type in here because people from my church and my mother-in-law read this, so I take a look in the mirror and see that they fit everywhere else, so why aren't they....Ahhhhhhhhhhhh! I had grabbed a pair of those pants that only come up as far as your hips. The ones I make fun of all of the time! The ones that are perilously close to being chaps! Oy! I had already torn the tags off! I wouldn't ever find the wash in my size again! I debated with myself for a while before I decided that these would be my "long shirt" jeans. As long as no one sees the top of them, they won't have to wonder why I'm trying to channel Britney Spears. I figure that their only clue will be my constant pulling on them to make sure they are still up!

Saturday was almost productive...almost. Steve and I decided to give the lawn the last mow of the season (hopefully), so I jumped on the riding mower and got into "lawnmower zen" mode. Everything was lovely and peaceful, well as peaceful as one can be on a lawnmower, until I ended up on the east side of the lawn next to the new neighbor's house. Their mongrel dog, whom I've names Cleatus until I know his real name, ran up and started barking at me like no one's business. I was making faces at him, since he couldn't get at me through the fence, so I didn't happen to notice that their walnut tree had dropped a significant amount of golf ball sized undried walnuts into the grass. It wasn't until I heard *Boom! Crack! Pow! Fling!* that I relized that walnuts are shooting out from under the lawnmower like baseballs out of a pitching machine. All I could do was cover my mouth and hope that they never notice the dent in the side of their van. I was horrified. I finished as quickly as I could so that Steve and I could go to run some errands, and while I was getting cleaned up I suddenly got the icepick in the back of my head again. Another migrane. I pop some Excedrine and put on my brave face, and we went on. Steve needed a haircut, so we go back to Parkway Place Mall. I didn't want to sit in the salon, so I staggered around the museum trying not to walk into doors or look directly into any bright lights. I ended up going into Spencer Gifts and quickly remembered why I hate that place. I can't believe I used to think that store was funny. Ick. Anyways, after we left the mall, we got the truck washed and went to Target to pick up a couple of prescriptions and went home. We were supposed to go see a movie with Shannon and Greg, so I took a nap to see if it would help my head, and happily enough, it did! Yay! So we went to dinner and out to see Chicken Little. I wasn't execting much from the movie, but it was actually really funny. A whole lot of Speilberg references, a couple of Star Wars references for the Steve, and what I think were homosexual innuendos thrown at a pig, but I'm not really sure about that. All in all, it was a good little movie, two thumbs up, a fine family film. : )

Sunday we went to church in the morning, and we had a lunch date with some friends after that. They are a married couple who go to church with us, and they are trying to have a baby. You know, I really didn't need to know that, but I suppose if they need to talk about it, I'll listen. Part of the way during lunch, Husband looks up at me and says "So, are you and Steve going to have kids anytime soon?" I was in the middle of chewing a burrito so I couldn't react in my usual manner of screaming and hiding under the chair, so I just kind of stammered that we hoped to wait a while. I hate it when people ask that! It's such a private thing! Anyways, he said "You guys should go ahead so that you and Wife and be pregnant at the same time!" He said this as if he was suggesting we get matching purses or something. I just kind of laughed nervously and said "You guys are wanting them now, and that's a little soon for me." Then I changed the subject. I'm going to have to start carrying around one of those air horns so that when people ask me that question, I'll just blast them with it. I'll think of it as aversion therapy. Even if we were thinking about it, I don't want to talk about it with everyone...it's just too...none of anyone's business! I say this now, of course. I'll probably be the worst one about it later on. *shudder*

Oh yeah, I have two new entries to make in my Chocolate Nightmare Scale.

Whoppers: I only ate two of them. I give them a 5 on the nummy scale. I can't remember exactly what I dreamed, but I woke up perched on the end of the bed like a gargoyle telling Steve "Don't move...just don't move." as I pull the light chain on the fan to turn it on. He asked what was wrong, and I said "Spiders. I've got to see if their are any spiders." Then I flipped off the light and went back to sleep. Nice way to freak out the spouse, no? : )

Choxie Truffles: Depending on the middle, I give them a 7-9 on the nummy scale. I think I might have to put these on the same scale as Godiva as far as nightmares go. BAAAAAAAAADDDDDD Dreams!! I dreamed we had been invaded by aliens who picked about a dozen earthings to be on a televised reality show that I like to think of as "Survivor: Earth". I don't remember a whole lot of details, but I know that the rules of the game were that we had to give up everything that we held dear to us, which included family, friends, jobs, everything. We were also not allowed to eat or drink for the duration of the show, which was one of the ways we were eliminated, by getting sick or dying that way. We were given a task to perform every day, and we had to complete it or...we were "let go". If we broke any rules, they would destroy the earth. Granted, it sounds like a bad lucas film, but it was pretty creepy. I kept getting more and more thirsty, and they wouldn't let me drink anything, and it was making me sick. I actually woke up sick to my stomach and so thirsty that it hurt to swallow. After being awake for a while, that passed, but it was so real!

As an end not, I'd like to ask for some prayers for my Mother-In-Law. She is going to Birmingham tonight because she is having surgery tomorrow morning at 8:00 am. We've been told that her surgery is routine, but she will have a long and not so plesant recovery time ahead of her. Please just keep her in your prayers if you don't mind. I'm sure she'd appreciate it.

Wow, that was a LONG post!

No comments: