Thursday, November 10, 2005

WELL, THAT'S SOMETHING YOU DON'T SEE EVERYDAY

Today I went to my lithography class completely unprepared for the critique, but lucky enough that the teacher got too busy doing a demo to actually have it. He told everyone who had already pinned their stuff on the wall to just leave it, so during our break, a few of us sat back and talked about what was up there. There was one particular project that was made up of two sheets of paper. The print was the same on each page, but the paper was different. One sheet had the word "proprtions" on it and the other page had silhouettes of sky scrapers on it. That alone should have told me something. I looked again and saw that the picture was an actual print, like, he actually put printing medium on his body and stamped an image of a hand, a foot...an ear...and....what was the other thing? Apparently the guy made a print of his, um, naughty bits.

Altogether now: EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

It was bad enough to have to draw naked people, but at least you were prepared for it because the teacher warned you about it in the syllabus, but this... I don't care who you are, nothing prepares you for THAT! If that wasn't bad enough, when we were leaving, the guy I was walking out with stops right by the door, blocking my escape, and begins pointing out details on the print, which was pinned by the door. I was so embarrassed...what could I say? "Um....wow, that's nice. Lots of...details...and stuff..." He finally let me out, and then proceeded to talk about it in the elevator as we leave. So I'm trapped in a tiny little room with a guy who is apparently obsessed with...naughty bits...who is talking about them as other people get in and out of the elevator. I tell you, that was the most uncomfortable elevator ride of my life.

Oy.

No comments: