Thursday, August 02, 2007







Budapest sweet Hungarian paprika + dark chocolate.

I was scared of this one because I wasn’t sure what paprika was. I mean, I’ve had it before, pretty much specifically on deviled eggs, and I was pretty sure that it didn’t really taste like anything. No, seriously, I thought it was just pretty. Well, it was pretty – maybe not as pretty as the picture – but how was it going to taste? I followed the truffle eating directions and licked the top of the truffle and it was…hmmm, how is the best way to describe the taste…kind of gross. It was dry and bitter. However, I spent a lot of money on these stupid truffles and I am determined to eat every single one (except for the one with olives in it, which I gave to Steve.) When I actually ate the truffle, it was good. I mean, it was really good! Whatever made the paprika dry and bitter mixed with the dark chocolate and suddenly exploded with yumminess! It’s true, it’s TRUE! You can cover something with chocolate and make it palatable! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA! Also, it apparently makes you laugh somewhat maniacally.

9 out of 10 for proving me right!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am convinced you accidentally bought a packae of truffles intended for pregnant women.