Friday, August 24, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I no longer sleep. OK, well, I sleep a little, but every morning at about 2:30 -3:00 I pop wide awake and lie there wondering what woke me up. I have no idea what it is that makes me wake up, but it sure is effective! I wish I could have a little bit of it in the middle of the day when the not sleeping catching up with me. Oy. I had to get up and go into the living room so that I wouldn't wake up Steve with my tossings and turnings, let the dogs out so that Butler wouldn't bat at his kennel door and keep me awake in the event that I did doze off and scrounge up a blanket that didn't leave my feet sticking out. After all of that and an hour of staring at the shadows on the wall, I did fall asleep again. Of course, at about 5:30 I was woken by the sound of a death match cage fight in the backyard, so I had to let the dogs back in. I looked out to see what they were barking at and I thought I was hallucinating. In the street I saw a person walk by and then a black shape with flashing red lights all over it. At first I thought it was a really large remote control car or something, but it was a dog wearing a flashing collar. Whahuh? Actually, it was that dog plus three others and two people walking them. No wonder Butler and Bear were freaking out. If I looked towards the street and saw blurry flashing things, I'd probably bark at them too. Bear said he thought it was aliens.

2) I've bitten my lip and due to the fact that it's swollen up, I keep biting it. I really hate that.

3) I got scared at Wal-Mart yesterday. Steve and I were walking down the frozen food aisles and the cases were all dark. As we walked by them, the lights started turning on. When we'd pass a section of it, the lights would go off again. I started thinking that there must be some kind of weird electrical issue going on. When I left Steve behind and walked up another freezer case aisle to find something and the lights followed me again, I started running because I thought that someone was just playing a trick on me. Yeah, I know...get the foil hats, right? Well, I finally figured that I could confuse whoever was messing with the lights by shoving my cart hard and letting it roll ahead of me. As the cart passed, the lights went on and off! I was feeling fairly smug for outsmarting the joker who was playing with the lights until I realized that there was some kind of light sensor that this particular Wal-Mart had installed above the cases so that they didn't have to waste energy by leaving the lights on all of the time. I was setting off the lights because I was breaking the beam. *shame* I can only imagine what the security video of me must look like. People like me should be required to have supervision in public places.

No comments: