Wednesday, August 01, 2007





Chef Pascal: Kirsch + dried Michigan cherry + dark chocolate

You know, I have this problem with some foods.
I’m sure everyone does, really, but it seems to be particularly violent with me. If I ever get sick and throw up, whatever I have eaten before my stomacular revolt suddenly becomes revolting to me. No, seriously. For example, 10 years ago I had dinner at Checker’s Drive Through without the slightest idea that I was in the early stages of stomach flu. To this day I can’t even drive past one of those restaurants without my gag reflex kicking in. I tell you this seemingly non sequitar tale to explain what I had to fight against when eating this particular truffle. I know what Kirsch is and I know it’s strong. I’ve had chocolate liquors before with very little problem, but there was something about this particular one was disgusting. Not just bad, but one I had to struggle against to keep from barfing it up. I knew that if I lost the war. I’d never be able to eat the rest of these candies, and I’ll be ding-danged if I throw away the monetary equivalent of a decent pair of shoes. It was nasty. There was a dried cherry on top of it, which did nothing to help, and the inside had that same cough syrup taste inside of it as the Alexis one. Only this time it wasn’t subtle. Eating this was like the time I accidentally took a swig of Jack Daniels. I struggled with it, I won.
0 out of 10, because I’m offended that it exists.

No comments: