Monday, August 27, 2007


FRIDAY: I started out the weekend embarrassing myself. For some strange reason I brought the headband that I bought in Miami - the one with wooly little lamb ears attached to it - to work. They've been here for months, hiding away in the drawer of my desk that I keep my emergency lunch and other junk in. Friday afternoon, I was feeling a little silly, so I put them on and wore them around the office. At some point I got busy and promptly forgot that they were on my head. I finished out the day and when I got home, Steve asked why I was wearing them. "Wearing what?" I asked, confused. He pulled them off of my head and I about fainted. I had delivered signs and walked around downstairs for a while, all the time completely oblivious that I was wearing lamb's ears on my head. I had wondered why I was getting some strange looks, but I get them so often that I have ceased to think about it much. *Dies* I was so embarrassed. Well, after I recovered, Steve and I went to church for the Teacher's Appreciation Dinner that we have every year. I had been asked to sing, so I had to go early and practice. I was also unaware that the hostess committee was catering the thing, so I helped out where I could in the kitchen until it started. Everything went well, even my song I suppose. We didn't have a very good sound system down in the fellowship hall and I had only gotten the song on wednesday and I wasn't completely confortable with it, but was fine. We had a good time. : )

SATURDAY: I woke up early and decided that I was going to go and get groceries early before the crowds got out. I went to the Super Wal-Mart over the mountain since it's open 24 hours and closer than the other one in South Huntsville. I'm glad I did, because even though the mountain isn't that high, the scenery out there is beautiful in the mornings. Someday I will take pictures, but I think I'll wait until fall to do so. There weren't that many people out, thank goodness, so I was able to take my time and wonder around at my leisure. My only problem with this particular Wal-Mart is that they have 900 checkout lanes and usually only two people running registers. Granted, they have the self check out lanes, which I love and will normally go to, but with a cart full of groceries you just can't do that. So I waited, and waited, and waited in line behind three people who had less than five items each. Did they decide to go to the self checkout lanes? Noooooooooooo. By the time my ice cream had started to melt, I was able to check out and finally go home. Steve still hasn't replaced my trunk liner after the battery acid incident, so I had to carefully place my stuff all around the spare tire and hope for the best. It still ripped two of my bags, but if that is the worst that happened, I don't have too many problems! Once I got home and got the cold stuff put away, I had lunch and watched Jake 2.0 with Steve. It's actually a pretty good show if you can get past the silliness of it all. Of course, that can be said about a lot of sci-fi shows. After that the new Flash Gordon came on and I tuned it out. I hated the original movie, but at least it had a campy element to keep you interested. The new TV show is just...unfortunate. : ) Steve had to go into work after that, which seems to be a habit with him lately...BOO! I had another nap attack, and slept the sleep of the blessed as the afternoon went by. At my request, Steve brought Dreamland home for dinner and I had forgotten just how good their ribs are. We don't eat there much, but that's probably for the best. I'd die of a severe cardiac thrombosis if I ate there as much as I wanted too! We were going to go to our friend's house that night, but Steve wasn't feeling well when he got home and it had started to storm, so we passed on it this time. I love lying there and listening to thunder and rain. It makes me sleepy, but it's such a soothing sound. I've missed rain this past summer, so I enjoyed the storm and watched it out of the window until it was over. After that, I have no idea what I did. It must not have been too important if I can't remember. Well, either that or the CIA blanked out those few hours for plausible deniability.

SUNDAY: Sunday started out as normal except that Steve was still sick. Allergy season has officially begun again. I went on to church to do my secretary stuff and about halfway through that I started feeling sick as well. I went home and fell asleep. We both pretty much lay around feeling sick until it was time for bed. Allergies suck. However, I did happen to watch the movie Alien vs. Predator with him, mainly because I was in the room at the time, and it was wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I even found myself cheering for the Predator guy a couple of times. I will say this, though. I don't know if I've ever seen a movie with more mucus in it in my life. Yuckers.

In other news, my friend Ed (whom I occasionally accuse of being the devil) has found another job and will be leaving our happy little family next week. Sigh. Another one bites the dust.

No comments: