Monday, August 20, 2007

WEEKEND UPDATE!

My update is going to be a little spare this time owing to the fact that even though the weekend started out promising, it ended very much subdued.

FRIDAY: I had to work, of course, as I normally do on Fridays. earlier in the week we had planned on going to see a concert on the mountain with Anthony and a friend of Steve's that I had never met before, but that fell through when it started to rain. We cancelled the concert, but we still had dinner with Anthony later on that evening. We watched "Best in Show" while waiting for Anthony to arrive, and it was hilarious. I had only ever seen a tiny bit of it before, but I loved it. I like the mokumentary style of moviemaking, I guess. Plus, there were dogs. I had also taken this time to expirement with my hair a little bit. Since it's gotten so long I've been having trouble deciding how to fix it, so I wanted to see what it would look like if I used hot rollers in it like I did when I was in high school. Wow. I doubt that the entire 1985 Grand Ol Opry lineup had bigger hair than I did. Needless to say, I don't think I'll be using those curlers again for a while. We went to dinner and then out for coffee at the local (well, one of the local) Starbucks. It has been a long time since I've been to one of those, even though I love their coffee. Oh well, I can get it at Barnes & Noble like a normal person, can't I? : ) We then ajourned back to the house so that I could copy Anthony's "Bo Diddley" CD and regale him with my own iTunes list of mismatched music. Anthony and I have a lot in common music-wise, so that was fun.

Saturday: I did laundry. All day. I had to, or I would have been forced to wear my "second string" wardrobe to work. Somehow, I just don't think my Hot Topic corsets and ill-begotten sequined sweaters are appropriate for my job. They aren't really appropriate for anything, so I'm not sure why I have them at all really! I suppose I had a reason for buying them, but I don't remember what they were! Heeheehee. In the evening, Steve and I played On Demand "Scene It Trivia." I have an unfair advantage in that I can read faster than he can, and so can answer the questions first, but he still beat me on TV and Disney trivia. We were evenly matched on "Friends" trivia, and I totally spanked him on Harry Potter trivia. I suppose that tells you a lot about us, huh? : )

SUNDAY: I slept. I didn't sleep well the night before, and I woke up with some kind of allergic reaction that made it necessary to take Benydryl. That stuff kicks my butt, so I would wake up, doze off, wake up, doze off....and etc. It was a thrilling day.

There, wasn't that exciting?

No comments: