Saturday, August 11, 2007


FRIDAY: Although I should be ashamed of myself for being lazy, I'm not. I took the day off just so that I didn't have to go to work. Don't get me wrong, I still like my job, but there are people there that I didn't feel I could spend another minute around and so I took some time away from them before I had to kill them. I felt it was the christian thing to do. : ) I honestly didn't do much of importance except for a little grocery and "end-of-summer" sale shopping. I did all of this fairly early and was able to get home before noon. After that, I was useless. I sat back to work on a piece of art that I've been doing in dribs and drabs over the last few weeks. It's needlework and very time consuming, so I usually only do it when I have some free time. I was at it for about twenty minutes and I think I just plain passed out. Not in a bad way, but in that "Nap Attack" way that sneaks up on you and takes you down without prior notice. I didn't mean to, but I wound up sleeping for about three hours. I woke up totally confused. Since I had been so useless all that day, I offered to mow the front lawn while Steve had dinner. I made fun shapes in the grass and then destroyed them. Next time I plan on trying to write my name. In cursive! Oh, and I also didn't kill any animals this week, so YAY for me! When I came back inside, I had a headache from all of the pollen and dust that I stirred up, but it wasn't too bad. However, after sitting down for a few minutes to find something on the Internet, I stood up to walk into the kitchen and promptly fell over in the floor clutching my head. I have no idea what happened, but it felt like I had been shot! I lay there for several minutes and then I was fine. I guess that was my first ever guerrilla headache. Boo.

SATURDAY: I was a bum. I think this was the single most unproductive day I have spent in a long while. Steve had promised to help some of his friends do some work, so I was on my own for most of the day. I had intentions, oh yes, intentions of the best variety, but they never came to fruition. Why, you may ask? Well, as I was flipping through the channels looking for something interesting to have on as background noise, and A&E was playing the "Pride and Prejudice" mini-series that Collin Firth was in. I was sucked in immediately. Collin Firth is so dreamy. : ) During commercials and such, I harvested some tomatoes, peppers and onions out of my stoop garden and decided that I would make some salsa. I was fine until I started working on the peppers. I was careful to wash my hands and wear my glasses while I was cutting them, but I managed to inhale some jalapeno juice and it set my nose on fire. Youch! When I finally finished cutting everything up, I covered it all in olive oil and set in in the oven (probably not the regular way one makes salsa, but it's what the recipe said to do) and continued to watch the mini-series. Well, apparently washing your hands doesn't get rid of the hot juice that peppers leave on your I temporarily blinded myself. I also had two cuts on my fingers that suddenly burst into flame. I then took a shower, thinking that would help. However after I'd been out for a couple of hours, I touched my lip and it promptly started to did my eyes and my face. So I waited for my head to just swell up and explode. Luckily for me this didn't happen. Whew. As for the salsa, I'm beginning to think that I got bad advice from the recipe. When I took everything out of the oven it smelled heavenly, but when I put it in the food processor it all kind of liquefied. Not very salsa-ie. However, I figured that I'd still be able to use it for something, so I just froze it. Waste not, want not...and all of that jazz. I had another nap attack later on in the day and that was pretty much it.

SUNDAY: Sunday was church, of course. I'm going to stop here for a moment and tell you that the pianist we have is so talented! She played my favorite offertory which is a version of "It Is Well With My Soul) that starts out as Moonlight Sonata and then melts into the hymn. Beautiful! Then we went to my parent's house for lunch with the extended family. Steve and I had to run some errands on the way home, so we did that. He dropped me off at the unfortunately named sporting goods store so that I could buy a pair of roller skates. Even though I went online to do research, it lied. Apparently no place I can find in town sells any kind of skates for adults instead of inline skates! I don't want inline skates! I've had those kind and I can't skate on them at all. Oh well, Steve knows a couple of the Huntsville Roller Derby chicks, so I'll get him to ask where they get their skates. Since that place didn't have what I needed, I walked across the parking lot to Petsmart to meet Steve, who was buying toys for our dogs. Bear recently gutted Pele, his stuffed soccer ball that he loved more than life and they had also destroyed Duck Bennedict, their shared stuffed duck. We got them a second duck (Mallory) and a stuffed quail (Dan). They should have some fun with them. On my way across the parking lot, I thought to myself that it didn't seem so hot, really. However, once I got 2/3 of the way there, I almost passed out. It was 102 degrees, and not a far walk, but it still almost got me. I didn't feel right for the rest of the day. We went to church that night and instead of going to dinner with Mr. Lee, Steve had to bring me home. I hate summer.

No comments: