Tuesday, September 11, 2007








OK, my boss is at lunch and I've got a free moment. Let's see if I can finish this thing!



Right: Weird kilt wearing guy.

Left: Brent Spiner.














...SATURDAY! STILL!: After leaving the vendors area, we went to get lunch. Unfortunately, by the time Steve got his food and came back to the table (which I was holding on to for dear life so Batman and/or Robin wouldn't steal my chairs) and I went and got my food and came back, we had to leave so that Steve wouldn't be late for the one and only panel he wanted to see. Which one was that, you may ask? You would be correct if you answered "Stargate SG-1." I ended up packing my lunch and taking it out to the ballroom while Steve killed time listening to John De Lanci and some chick named Barbara Luna talk about Star Trek. I sat outside and ate while this was going on and watched the people go by. I wasn't bored, let me just say. My favorite moment was when Gold Bikini Leia stopped by a column to retie her top and two guys stopped and started snapping her picture. She said "You guys, I'm just trying to fix this, hold on a second!" and her boyfriend opened his jacket in front of her and covered her while she was doing this. Ahem. I came so close to forgetting my genteel southern teachings and pointing out that Mr. Boyfriend didn't mind his girlfriend being mostly naked and photographed by geeky guys all day, but I didn't. There is a whole section of the world that really hates when you point out such obvious things. It's my burden that I notice them, I guess. *evil grin*

When I was done with lunch, I went over to the Stargate panel line and sat on the floor. Blonde girl said "If you're looking for the line, THIS is the front!" Well, pardon me for standing in front of you, dear. So I made my way to the back of the line...and I never found it. I finally just decided that I wasn't so interested that I wanted to walk a mile to get into a panel that I wasn't that interested in, so I went into the ballroom and sat with Steve until the Star Trek panel was done. I'm glad to say that Mr. De Lanci was a lot more lucid than when I'd spoken to him before. We had hoped to stay in the room until the Stargate thing started, but they made us all get out. Apparently everyone and their sidekick wanted to get in to see the Stargate thing and since we weren't in the line, we had to wait, and wait, and wait, and wait until the line emptied into the room. Steve nearly dragged me across the room so that we could get near the door. I told him to behave, but apparently I didn't understand that it was STARGATE SG-1 in that room! I was plesantly surprised to find that the actors (all but the guy who played McGyver and the guy who took his place, oh and the doctor) was there and they were actually very engaging. I'm guessing that a lot of what they said was pre-planned, but even I enjoyed it. It was a little hard to hear, and the only picture we got was so blurry that it might as well have been of anything, but Steve was excited about it, so I was glad. He came close to even making "Star Wars Face" once or twice. Almost. : )

The official blurry panel pic.






After that we just wandered around a little more and then decided to leave. After 8:00 p.m. the fetish people take over, and since you aren't allowed to take pictures, we didn't stay. We went back to the McGee's house, distributed their spoils and autographs, and then we all, one by one, had to sack out. It had been a heck of a long day.

SUNDAY: We had planned on going back down to Dragon*Con, but we realized that a long drive should have a plan at the end of it. Since we had pretty much done everything we wanted the day before, we decided to hang out with the family. There was a small snafu where we weren't sure where we were going or what we were doing, but it all worked out in the end. We spend the afternoon at Aunt Brenda and Uncle Garry's house with the second and third generations of their family. Greg and Kristen and their two kids, Amy and Jon and their two kids, and me and Steve and our lack of kids ran the house over and made lots of noise. It was fun! Afterwards the latter two generations went to dinner at Williams or Williamson's or some place like that to have Bar-B-Que and Ribs. Steve and Greg talked college football (snore. Yeah I know, I'm sorry.) and we ajourned back to Amy and Jon's to play Donky Konga and Street Fighter. Amy and I ended the day watching that friday's rerun of Days of Our Lives and I asked way to many questions because I haven't watched in so long! From what she said and from what I can tell, the show has gotten much better!

Monday: Steve and I had to leave that morning so we could get back home in time to do some work on the house and yard that we normally can't do because of the furry beasties we keep in the backyard, since they were still on vacation at the "ahem" pet resort. Then we slept. It was a wonderful weekend from one end to the other!

No comments: