Wednesday, September 19, 2007

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) Steve and I wached the movie "300" the other night and I actually enjoyed it. It was the first time that my art history knowledge has ever helped me understand something in real life! Awesome. Also, I couldn't help but feel as if the actor who played King Leonidas looked familliar, so after some research I found he was the same guy who played the Phantom in the movie version of Phantom of the Opera. So the man can both sing and yell like a champ. Awesome #2. However, I had two problems with the movie, but they are very slight. One was his frightening abundance of teeth. The second was that the guy who played King Leonidas is Scottish, and while I normally think a Scottish accent is very sexy, in this case it made the actor sound as if he was spitting everytime he talked. Now I can't think of the word Spartan without it sounding like "SCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHPARTAN!" Good movie, though.

2) I made chocolate bread pudding last night, and it was good! I'd never had bread pudding before then. It was also one of the few times I've had all of the ingredients for something I wanted to make on the spur of the moment. Score.

3) I realized this morning that I have too much to do. So much, in fact, that I don't know where to start. Mostly it's house cleaning and Christmas stuff, but when I look at it all it just makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb. I'm going to have to go against my core of being and take it one thing at a time. I'm normally a multi-tasker, but lately that is only getting a whole lot of stuff half done. Groan.

4) I need to hold a puppy. Seriously. I don't even need to keep it or anything, I just want to hold one and snuggle with it a while. Is that too much to ask? Can a sister get a dose of puppy breath?!

5) While cleaning some stuff out of an office the other day, I found two boxes of these things called "swatch books." Basically, they are books of paper samples from different companies that graphic artists who deal with print work use as visual and tactile proofs of what something might look like when printed on. Since these were old, and since I wanted to tear them apart and make stuff out of them, I contacted two paper supply companies and asked for new swatch books to be sent to us. The books themselves are about as large as paperback novels, but not very thick since they only hold postcard sized sheets of paper - and not usually very many sheets for that matter. I got the first package in a box about the size of a small toaster and it contained about 7 little books. No big deal, right? When Mail Guy Mr. Tom brought it to my office for me to sign for, he said that I also had another package in the warehouse that he wasn't able to bring. So I assumed it was my other paper samples. It actually did turn out to be my other samples. It turned out to be 60 pounds of samples, as a matter of fact. The second paper company, which I wasn't aware was a warehouse paper supplier that deals with many, many, many different paper companies instead of just one brand, sent me what was called a Swatch Cabinet. Literally, there were dozens of little swatch books in there along with a harbacked designer catalog and print samples. Those guys don't screw around with you when you ask for paper samples from them! I spent hours yesterday organizing them. It was...tedious. Then my boss tells me that we didn't really need them since he has some swatch books in his office already. SIGH. He can bite me.

No comments: