Monday, December 22, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I hate Christmas shopping sometimes. Not because I don't want to give presents (I love that part) but because I always want to find a really fitting gift for the people I shop for, and sometimes it's impossible to do that unless you have a long time to look. I didn't have that kind of time this year, and now I feel that some of my gifts will be slightly cheesy. :( Oh well, I'm glad to be able to give them, if nothing else! :)

2) You know that song "Baby, It's Cold Outside?" It's one of my favorite Christmas songs normally, but when I heard it the other day I realized that it could be interpreted as a rather cheerful song about false imprisonment and date rape drugs! Heeheehee. At one point the woman says "What's in this drink?" and the guy is trying to keep her from leaving his house. Steve and I spent the duration of the song changing the lyrics into creepy innuendos and lines from "Silence of the Lambs." Good times.

3) Grandma made some homemade gingerbread (not cookies) and it is gooooooooooood. I don't think I'd ever had actual gingerbread before! Now I'm determined to figure out how to make it. I'd ask her for the recipe, but she'll just tell me how to make it instead of writing it down. Bless her she's 86, so I shouldn't complain, but I can never remember everything she tells me to do.

4) OOOH! In case you don't know yet, starting in January I will be one half of the pair of Sprocket employees who will be writing and recording the Space Camp Podcast! I'm so excited. Granted, it's nothing spectacular, but it's a short, kid friendly broadcast that has a "Today in Space History" segment performed by my co-worker Andrew and my own "Tech-Knowledge" segment. Yes, I am the one of us to talk about technology. To be fair, though, it's very basic stuff and it will mostly be talking about who invented things or how ideas for certain things came to be created. The one I've recorded so far was about who invented the cell phone and the fact that he got his idea from watching Star Trek. If you have iTunes, be sure to subscribe to the podcast starting in January, and I think you may can download it also from our website, www.spacecamp.com. It's free, and you'll get to hear my intermittent southern accent kick in. It was really bad when I said the name "Gene Roddenberry."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grandmas give you the recipe verbally because they know you'll get it wrong. They like to be irreplaceable. Right, Mom? ;)

I like Baby, It's Cold Outside, but I never thought of it that way. It's like when you watch The Graduate, and you're like, crap, Ben is STALKING Elaine. This is not healthy. Call the cops!