Friday, December 05, 2008

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) You know, I like guy's chest hair as much as the next person. Well, I probably like it more than some because that's just how I roll. However, there is a video that plays downstairs in the museum that shows a SkyLab astronaut taking a bath (you know, the whole vacuum thing). It's basically a short clip of a dude vacuuming water off of his chest hair. I can't explain why, but it makes me throw up in my mouth a little every time I see it. It bothers me so much that I really want to steal the DVD it's playing from and hide it so that I don't have to see it again. It's disturbing.

2) The dress I bought for Steve's company Christmas party arrived, and it actually looks better than I thought it would. However, it's about 4 inches too long for me, and by that I mean it drags the floor even when I'm wearing heels. I'm going to have to cut it off, and I'm scared. Luckily, it has an unfinished hem, so I won't have to figure out how to sew it back up, but I'm afraid I'm going to ruin it. However, if I don't cut it off, I'll trip on it. Sometimes, being short sucks.

3) I was out sick yesterday due to the annual bout of crud that I get every year. Luckily I had built up just enough personal time not to lose pay for the day, but now I don't have anymore. I basically slept all day and overdosed on vitimins. Hopefully I'll be much better soon, but as for right now, I wish I were back in bed!

4) Grandma is in town. She turned 86 yesterday, and I had no idea she was that old! I hope I'm as feisty as she is when I'm that age!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell grandma that I said Hi!!!

Also, girl, go to a professional and get it hemmed. Don't ruin a new dress.

Tae said...

Bro. Joos,

I have no time for a professional hemmer! I'm wearing it tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Sue would do it or someone else in the church. You KNOW Sue would want to do anything. Maybe Grandma can sew. No one in your family? If you read People you see all kinds of strange hems. Besides you are artistic. I think there is hope.

Anonymous said...

Ask Grandma if she remembers me trimming her slip before we went to the church for your wedding... and give her my love.

(Annual crud that you mysteriously get after Thanksgiving this year.. hmm, wonder where you go to catch that?)