Wednesday, January 14, 2009

BURN BABY BURN

Why am I never at work when the place catches on fire?

Yesterday I awoke feeling weird and unhealthy, so I called in sick. I found out this morning that there was a small fire at the SpRocket! It wasn't anything like the time the Bus Barn caught on fire, but it was actually in the break room area. Apparently some genius didn't put out a cigarette before they tossed it and it set the porch on fire. Luckily no one was hurt and our *ahem* crack team of security guards were able to keep the fire from spreading before the fire department got there. Actually, I'll give credit where it's due. They really did keep it from getting worse. Our break room is right next to the theater and TCF, not to mention right downstairs from my office and the building maintenance shop. Had it gotten away from them, it could have seriously caused a lot of damage. So, YAY SECURITY TEAM!

I wish this meant that smoking would be banned from the place. I don't care what anyone says, it's a nasty habit and it gives people cancer, and I don't like having to walk through a cloud of smoke just to get a soda out of the break room. However, I don't think that they will ban it, but just make sure that people put out their damn smokes before walking away from them.

Only YOU can prevent museum fires.

No comments: