Monday, January 12, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I got the greatest picture of Josh yesterday, but I'm not allowed to put it online! He won't let me. He was in town visiting for the week and came by to pick up the laptop Steve had fixed for him before he left town. Since it was Sunday, he was wearing his robes so he looked all official, but he was also driving his mom's little two seater BMW convertible. It clashed mightily with the whole "vow of poverty" thing, but it made a hilarious picture. Maybe one day he'll let me post it!

2) This weekend was extra lazy, but wonderful. I really didn't mean to spend so much time doing so very little, but that's what happened. I did, however, do a bit of needlework, so it wasn't completely wasted.

3) The gym is slowly but surely losing it's crowd. Last Friday I had to beg myself to get up and go, because I really didn't want to, so I ended up running later than I normally do. I was worried that I would get there and all of the cardio equipment would be taken and I wouldn't be able to do my list of exercises before I had to leave again. There were 4 people there. Apparently I was one of the few who could talk myself into going. Today was crowded, but not too bad. It was only irritating when people would sit down at a machine I needed and stare at the wall for 5 minutes not doing anything. There are a lot of people who do that. Boo on them.

4) While waiting on Steve to finish orchestra practice Sunday morning, I was sitting out in the lobby of our church with a bunch of older people and listening to them talk. I'm not sure what was said to bring this up, but a woman who is about 70 or so piped up with "My grandmother used to tell me that the best thing a woman could do for herself was close all of her curtains and clean the house in the nude. I did it a couple of times, but I just never felt completely hidden." What can you say to that?! I'm never going to be able to look at that lady again without thinking of that. Oy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Vow of povurtee, yer doin it rong