Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I know that over the past year or so, my life hasn't been all white bread and hummus. However, it is still possible for me to say that at least I'm in the half of my sister's family that is LEAST likely to end up on Jerry Springer.

Oy, I wish I could tell you the story I heard from her last night, but it isn't my place to tell personal stories about people I don't really know. All I can say, is that the whole time she was telling me about it, I kept hearing "JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!" in my head.

I spent the evening with Angie last night because we are trying to get ready for a garage sale. My mom's new house isn't as large as the old one, so she needs to get rid of a lot of stuff that she didn't have room to take, and Angie and I are adding in a few things we need to get rid of as well. I'm kind of surprised at the kind of really nice stuff that mom wants to sell, but she simply doesn't want it anymore. Some if it are things I made her when I was little, so that's kind of hurtful, but honestly, she can't keep everything and I understand. We had to clean out some old glassware and dishes from a cabinet, and Angie picked up a vase that had an enormous Brown Recluse in it. I almost wet myself, because I've never seen one of those in real life. That sucker was mean, too! I still have the heebs from that. She killed it, because I was too busy running across the room to do anyone any good. :P There is so much stuff! I had no idea that mom had so many things that she didn't use. I am taking a few things home with me, but the rest is going up for sale, and what doesn't sell will be taken to Goodwill or otherwise donated.

On a related note, I'm going to be getting my mom's console piano. My sister has always wanted that piano because she was the only one who stuck with lessons long enough to really play it, but her husband doesn't want it in their house. I still don't understand why he doesn't want it, but it is coming home with me. We have a place for it in the living room, so that's good. I feel kind of bad, though, because I fussed with Steve about getting rid of the old piano we used to have when we first got married until he finally did it and now I'm bringing another one in. I promise I'm not normally that irrational. I honestly never thought I'd have the option of having that piano. It's really nice and Steve is glad to keep it, I think. I just look at it this way, I'm keeping it for her until my brother-in-law changes his mind. Certainly he can't keep it from her forever.

Anyways, if you are in Athens on August 1st, come and buy our stuff! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

If you see anything that I would like, snag it and I will pay your mom later
PS Check out a blog at fuzzguzz.blogspot.com