Monday, July 06, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) It's not even 8:30 on this lovely Monday morning, and I already want to murder two of my coworkers in the face! That's right, IN THE FACE! One of them is my boss, who I normally like a lot. I walked in this morning and my office was destroyed (again) because he's been using it to make banners for an upcoming event. I don't begrudge him using my office, but he moves things around and leaves stuff all over the place, so getting to my desk is like going through a boot camp obstacle course! The other is a lady who I am currently making a sign for. It is a sign that will have a list of all of the sponsors for an upcoming even on it. I told her last week that I wouldn't print anything until I was sure that we had a complete list of sponsors (because they are always forgetting someone or adding someone on at the last minute). She never responded to me. However, today, I was copied on an e-mail from her to my boss, who apparently told her the same thing, and she was all "GREAT IDEA!" I don't care that I didn't get credit for the idea, honestly, but I hate that she acted like she'd never even heard of the idea before he sent it to her. Boo.

EDIT: My boss is off the hook. He isn't the one who moved my office around. Apparently someone needed roof access this weekend and came through my office to get out there. They didn't clean up after themselves, though. :P

2) My holiday weekend was kind of a washout because I was sick pretty much the whole time. Friday wasn't bad, but I didn't do anything useful that day and it made me feel like I had wasted the whole day. I hate having a day off and feeling like the day flew by before I got a chance to do anything productive! Saturday I was OK until just after lunch, and I got really tired. I was going to take a quick nap, but I fell asleep on the couch for several hours. When I woke up I felt horrible, so I drug myself around until it was time to go to bed. I didn't even watch any fireworks, although I did hear some. There are a few big displays not far from where I live, but none I can see from the back yard or anything. I didn't really care. I wasn't feeling well, and quite honestly, all of the stuff that happened last year around this time has kind of taken away my taste for celebrating the glorious fourth. Sunday I went to church in a complete daze. I don't know what was wrong with me, but I overslept and missed Sunday school, and when I actually got to service, I felt like I had taken a huge dose of NyQuil or something. I had to bow out of lunch with Mr. Lee and everything. I think I slept most of Sunday away because I didn't go back to church that night and I went to bed again around 9:00. I'm feeling a little better this morning, but I'm still really tired. If I hadn't already had mono in the 8Th grade, I'd think that is what is wrong with me now! I'll just have to try very hard not to nap at work today!

3) I've been watching a new show lately that I really like. Well, it isn't a "new" show, but it's one I haven't watched before. It's another forensic procedural called "Bones" and it's really good! It drives Steve crazy that they have some kind of computer 3D viewing aparatus in their office that doesn't exist in real life, but I think it's funny. It's also kind of disgusting. Steve and I were eating Friday while it was on and even though stuff like that doesn't usually bother me, it almost put me off of my food! It probably wouldn't have been so bad if we hadn't been eating Chinese food that had sauce on it precisely the color of the liquefied human remains that were on the show. Bleh. I don't want to think about it.

4) I didn't go to the gym this morning and I'm feeling kind of guilty about it right now. Why is it that I feel guilty for not doing something unplesant that is completely self imposed? I can't really say that I like going to the gym, but I know it's good for me to. It's like eating vegetables you don't like when you really, really don't want to and then feeling bad when I find a dropped piece of broccoli. I don't understand myself sometimes.

5) The Harry Potter movie is almost out! I shouldn't be as excited as I am, but I don't care. I've been waiting months and months for it. I don't think we are going to show it this year at the SpRocket, so that means I have to pay to see it, and that stinks, but at this point I don't care! Don't worry, I won't dress up when I go and see it or anything. Maybe. ;)

No comments: