Monday, July 27, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) We managed to work on the yard sale stuff on Saturday with little to no spider activity! Yay! Actually, we didn't see any of the big bads in the house at all, but Steve got to murderize two brown recluses in the garage. He was so brave! :) He also went in and sprayed the house with the strong insect poison that we use at home. Only the bravest of the brave bugs will mess with that stuff! We have almost gotten everything done, except for some odds and ends in my old bedroom (turned into a storage room, no less) and the stuff in the attic. My dad loved to go and buy things at yard sales, and whatever he brought home he'd call his "treasury." :) We had a lot of "treasury" in the attic. We've also found quite a few antiques that I didn't know we had. I guess when you grow up around something, you stop thinking much about it. I know we priced them low enough to sell at a yard sale, but I hate that we couldn't find an antique dealer for some of it. Oh well, we can't keep the stuff, so hopefully someone will give it all a good home.

2) Yesterday was the first day that I got to run the sound board at the church! I was very nervous, because I didn't want to screw anything up. It's not a hard job or anything, but there is a lot to pay attention to. I did fairly well, I think. My only issues were that I turned on the wrong mic once and I accidentally turned the preacher's lapel mic up as far as it would go and he almost blasted the first row of people out the windows. :{ One other problem, that wasn't my fault, was that the program that we program to project the hymns bugged out on me. I still don't know what was going on, but the minister of music came back during the greeting time and helped me out! I also had to sing last night, so Steve and I did tag-team sound for the evening service. I think I'll do fine as long as there are few surprises!

3) While getting ready for church yesterday evening, I walked out into the garage and saw something move. I hollered (I don't scream) and ran back into the house. Since I wasn't sure what it was, I went back out and saw a very large, black snake slithering underneath the too-box. I don't like snakes, but they don't bother me as much as bugs do, so I ran and told Steve about it and then went back out to see it again. It was solid black, so I have no idea what kind it was. All I know is that it seemed very, very long! We didn't have time to do anything about it before we had to leave, but Steve's dad came back with us after church and helped Steve hunt it down. They found it behind the water heater and they killed it! Yay! I didn't see them get it because I was hiding in the house. Mr. Lee said it was about 3 feet long, which I guess isn't that big, but it seemed much bigger to me! I'm seriously tired of the wildlife getting into my houses! They are not welcome!

No comments: