Monday, July 13, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) I almost died at the gym this morning. OK, well, maybe not died, but it felt like it. I have been doing the same elliptical training for months now, and when it was getting too easy, I thought I'd kick it up a notch (BAM! Sorry.) I didn't want to go in and completely push everything up too high, so I basically just adjusted the resistance a little higher. About 7 minutes in, I took a breath and nothing happened. I mean, I didn't die, but it felt like I wasn't pulling in any oxygen. My lungs felt hot and stuffed with cotton and my heart was pounding really hard. I had to stop for a second, but I didn't want to quit altogether, so eventually I just kept going. Eventually the feeling went away, but it was scary! That is the second time in the past week that I've had to stop early on during my workout to keep from passing out. I didn't have this problem before, so I'm not sure why it's happening now. What makes it even more frustrating is the fact that working out doesn't seem to be doing me much good at all, from a weight loss standpoint. Part of that is because I haven't been using my iPod program to count calories like I was before, but even without that, I have tried to eat better and I'm exercising, so you'd think I'd notice something! Darn my slow metabolism! :(

2) I didn't watch the Michael Jackson memorial show that they broadcast last week (or whenever it was). I wasn't really a fan of his, or at least I haven't been since I was in the second grade. Thriller was the stuff back then. Watching the "making of" feature from the Thriller video was what made me want to do SFX Makeup for movies, and I still stand by the idea that I'd be AWESOME at that, but there isn't much call for that kind of thing in Alabama. Anyways, I digress. I didn't watch his memorial service, but I did catch a clip of it on some website and it shut me down for a few minutes. I think it was at the end, and his daughter, Paris (?), said that she just wanted to say that he was the best daddy in the world and that she loved him and that she was going to miss him. Then she cried. Then I cried. I'm sitting at my desk boo-hooing along with this little girl. It was so sad. What made it even worse is that I knew exactly how she felt. I don't care how old you are, when a parent that you love dies, you are automatically a little kid again. If I had gotten up during my dad's funeral and had to speak, I probably would have said exactly what she did. Stupid YouTube clip making me cry at work!

3) I want to learn how to tattoo people. I know that sounds insane to some of you, but I think it would be an amazing thing to be able to do. I understand the process behind it, but I wouldn't even begin to know how to actually give someone a tattoo, and I wouldn't want to be that person who gave bad prison-tats or anything like that. Even if I didn't do it for a living, I'd like to at least know I could do it if I want too! Some of you would let me ink you, wouldn't you? Right?

(crickets)

4) I saw this year's Torchwood mini series and it was really good! I like that show a lot, but I didn't like the ending of "Children of Earth." I don't want to talk about it too much, in case some of you are waiting for it to be aired on BBC America, but I will say this one thing: I just don't see how they will be able to keep going on with the series with the way they ended the mini-series. If they don't, I'll be sad. I heart Captain Jack!

There is more, but I'll have to wait until later. I have to start making up for some of the projects that got shoved aside last week as we prepared for the two big events that happened over the weekend. Fun.

2 comments:

Kenny said...

3.) No. But it's nothing personal. =-)

amy said...

You know you don't freehand on people. They use a transfer.
I asked my tattoo artist, the incomparable Travis, if he was afraid the first time he got a tattoo. He said, "Nah." I asked him if he was afraid the first time he gave a tattoo, and he said, "I'm afraid every time."