Monday, July 20, 2009

RANDOM ACTS OF BLOGGING

1) My random acts of blogging are becoming the norm around here! I think I must have Adult Blogging ADHD or something. Don't be alarmed, I'll remember to take my meds. :)

2) Happy 40th anniversary of the moon landing to NASA! If you're in the area, you should stop by the SpRocket and catch the new movie about Dr. von Braun. I don't know anything about it but it's title: "Rocket Man." It should be very cool. If I'm understanding things correctly today, a great many people from MSFC will be here celebrating. If I could be a part of the celebration, that would be cool, but all that means to me at this point is that I'm going to have to sequester myself in my office and not go downstairs for any reason unless I want to get trampled by engineers. They are expecting as many as 4,000 people here just due to the day. That isn't counting the regular public. I'm afraid! :P

3) Speaking of the moon landing celebration, I remembered yesterday that when I was 16, I was at the 25th anniversary celebration running a coke booth with people from my high school band. I had almost completely forgotten about the event. It was a lot of fun, and I got to see Grass Roots perform live and all kinds of fun stuff. It also occurred to me that I should feel old. I refuse.

4) I think I might be wearing house slippers to work today. I got a $20 gift certificate for Plow & Hearth the other day, and I used it online to buy a pair of wool lined moccasins that were on sale. I love shoes that are lined with soft stuff, and they are beautifully made and embroidered by a free trade business. I received them on Saturday and fell in love with them immediately. The only strange thing I noticed, though, is that they are true moccasins - meaning they are all leather and suede without a rubber or hard sole. I didn't think anything much about that though. Well, I slid them on this morning to wear to work, and it wasn't until Steve and I were almost to work that I mentioned something about the shoes and Steve said "Wait, aren't they just house slippers?" It never dawned on me that they might only be slippers! Now I'm plagued with the notion that I'm wearing house slippers at work on accident. If I was doing that on purpose, I wouldn't care, but doing it on accident is embarrassing.

5) I went to do some shopping the other day and realized on my way home that I had a big silver earring caught on the smaller earring I was wearing. It was obvious that it didn't match the other one and that it was completely different kind of earring just sort of dangling there, yet no one said a word to me. People, please, I'm begging you...don't let me go outside looking like that again!

6) I was sick all day yesterday because I was too stupid to remember to take my allergy medicine before I went out to mow the lawn Saturday morning. I didn't go anywhere or do anything. I was a slug. It is weird to me how something like an allergy can make you feel so terrible all over. Anyways, I'm hopped up on allergy medication today and I have plans of getting some of the good stuff from Target this evening. They should already have my DNA on file, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

7) It's official: the house I grew up in is going on sale very soon. I'm going to be so sad to see it sold, but I understand why it has to go. If anyone is looking for a house in North Alabama, it's a really nice house and it is a lovely place to live! Yes, OK, my dad died in it, but he wouldn't haunt you, I swear. Keep a lookout for the listings. I hope a nice family buys it and takes good care of it. So many good memories were made there.

No comments: