Friday, January 08, 2010

GO FOOTBALL!

I watched a football game last night! The BCS Championship game, to be exact! Could someone tell me was BCS stands for? I'd appreciate it.

Anyways, here are my thoughts about what I saw:

1) It was actually a lot of fun to watch a game with so much at stake!

2) I was proud our state was so nicely represented and that no one got in a fight or punched a referee. :) I'm also hoping that the streaker wasn't from Alabama.

3) The national anthem was kind of weird. Josh Groban sang, Flea (yes, that Flea) played a guitar and there was a Mariachi or Polka band playing back up. It was...interesting.

4) Alabama's coach needs to buy shirts his size. No one but buff gay guys at techno clubs should wear shirts that tight.

5) I felt so sorry for the Texas quarterback when he got hurt so early in the game, but his backup guy kicked some serious butt. He was awesome for just being a freshman! I'm sure we'll hear more about him in the future. Also, the starting quarterback seemed to be a really upstanding kid. I wished he hadn't cried, though. Bless his heart.

6) Was it really necessary for the commentators to keep talking about how Mark Ingram's dad was watching from prison? I mean, come on!

7) Did Saban get a concussion from the Gatorate cooler? It looked like he got beaned pretty hard with it. Also, he should think about a different color shirt or different color Gatorade if he's going to coach championship games. Just saying.

8) Don't tell my sister, but I've just realized that I've been calling the coach " Coach Shula" since last night. I had to go back and change the above statement to the right name. To be fair, wasn't there a coach Shula at one point? Yes, I heart football.

1 comment:

Annie said...

BCS = Bowl Championship Series.

I loved reading your tweets last night during the game!!!