Friday, August 27, 2004

I Smell a Rat....

Actually, it was a dead rat. We had an unfortunate little visitor here at work yesterday that apparently crawled behind the toilet to die. We kept smelling the horrible funk on one side of the trailer, but we had no idea what it was. We finally called custodial or maintenance and they found a decomposing rat in the bathroom. Ugh, it was so gross. I don't mean to be disgusting, but if a little rat can literally drive people out of a building, can you imagine if it had been a person dead back there? Yuck. The trailer still stinks today, but we've got some open windows and air fresheners. Hopefully the smell will go away soon!

Yesterday I got to be spontaneous! Steve had gone to Nashville to visit with a friend, and they had dinner at a new restaurant at the Opry Mills Mall, called Aquarium Cafe. Steve wanted me to see it, and we invited Josh and Anthony to go with us, and we took off after work to drive to Nashville to eat there. It's a restaurant with HUGE salt water aquariums in it full of all of these awesome fish, eels, and sharks. Apparently they had something like 6300 tropical fish when the place opened, but because the sharks keep eating them, they are down to about 2300. They have to add new ones every week or month so that there will be something other than the shark in there. The food was actually really good, but the service sucked. I honestly believe our waiter was new, but still. It was all I could do to keep Josh from completely going off on a manager, and thankfully he didn't. I seriously hate being around when people do that. It's embarrassing. It was completely deserved, but I didn't want to be there to see it. We also got to run through the mall near closing time, and then we drove home. I actually drove home from Tennessee! I've never done that before! Steve had to get us through some road construction and all, but after we got back to the interstate, I drove the rest of the way. I hate 18 wheelers, by the way.

Tonight I will be mowing the other Pratt's yard, and tomorrow will be an all day work day.

Monday school starts, and I'm not ready! I have three classes: Printmaking with Screenprinting; Graphic Design II; and Survey of American Lit. I can't believe that I haven't gotten all of my basics out of the way yet, but after this lit class, I only have my math, and then I can focus solely on my major and minor. I'm never going to get out of school. This is very frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: